View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:01 AM
L7: Teacher
  • Apr 2006
  • 317 Tnyc is a jewel in the rough
Quote from xninjagrrl View Post :
It's not just Asus. It's all of them. HP makes garbage that overheats, Dell tried to sell me a 'new' $1500 Alienware that looked like someone's dog chewed on it, Lenovo has THE WORST QC ever, Asus cant hold a candle. I went through 4 Lenovo's before I finally got one that arrived new and not with tons of cosmetic/hardware issues. I honestly dont know where to look for a quality laptop anymore. And I hate Apple products (O/S) with a passion so there goes that. That being said, I wouldnt touch a refurb'd laptop to save my life based on horrid experiences with refurb'd products in the past. Guess you gotta be a lucky individual for it to pan out.
ive had good luck with Dell refurbished laptops before. I've ordered 3 from them and only one has an issue with the backlit keyboard. I sent it into Dell and for back in about a week and it was fixed. Free shipping both ways. The thing is you have to call Dell and complain within the first few days of the return period when you still have leverage because Dell doesn't want to take any return let alone a refurbished one.
To buy, or not to buy: That is the question.