View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 09:34 PM
L3: Novice
  • Mar 2011
  • Ontario, California
  • 56 YanYan_001 will become famous soon enough
This mount is no good. I purchased this on Meritline and received it a week ago. I installed it right after receiving in the mail.

The POSITIVE side: It was great especially its within my reach and not mounted far away like on the windshield. Love the easy secure slider bars on both sides and also the quick release button.

The NEGATIVE side: After a week of usage, I noticed my Radio Screen's clear plastic cover is coming off of it's adhesion because of the pressure feature to mount the device on the CD tray.

My 2009 Corolla has a Radio Screen Display below the CD tray. The Radio Screen Display has a clear plastic hard cover, well this almost came off because of the pressure to lock the mount into the CD slot was pushing down on the radio. The plastic cover is now barely attached with little bit of adhesion left which is barely keeping it in place. Between the CD tray and the Radio Display is atleast a half inch of gap of plastic console. But even then, it's still enough to pop off the plastic cover of my Radio Screen (Check attached image for better reference). It's dark out now, so I will take a picture tomorrow morning of what I mean about my situation.

So in CONCLUSION: I will be returning this and will grab either a windshield mount or dashboard sticky mount. It's a great device, but not for those who are in the same situation as me. Unless your CD tray is made of solid metal or something not plastic then the device is for you.
Attached Thumbnails
2009-toyota-corolla-4-door-sedan-auto-s-natl-dashboard_100247685_l.jpg
2009-toyota-corolla-4-door-sedan-auto-s-natl-dashboard_100247685_l.jpg
96.0 KB / 15 views
I give +rep to good deals hug