View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 01:20 PM
L6: Expert
  • Nov 2011
  • New England
  • 113 djdoc will become famous soon enough
Few notes on this laptop
charging is slow, but wifey got 4.5 hrs while we were on a 8 hour drive, she was using MS Word with Wifi On ( she didnt know you can shut it off. oh well ) and brightness about 80pc. I think this was strong performance given the price tag. She finds the typing interface to be very comfortable, coming from a 15.6 incher Dell.
The best thing IMO happens when you use it with a bigger monitor. I hooked this thing to a ell U2410 and while using only the Dell monitor, the native screen, although off, maintains the touchscreen monitor. So in this scenario, imagine ur ASUS's screen as one giant mouse / trackpad. This is pure pleasure !
Thanks ASUS and SD. i am very happy with this purchase !

Few notes on this laptop
charging is slow, but wifey got 4.5 hrs while we were on a 8 hour drive, she was using MS Word with Wifi On ( she didnt know you can shut it off. oh well ) and brightness about 80pc. I think this was strong performance given the price tag. She finds the typing interface to be very comfortable, coming from a 15.6 incher Dell.
The best thing IMO happens when you use it with a bigger monitor. I hooked this thing to a ell U2410 and while using only the Dell monitor, the native screen, although off, maintains the touchscreen monitor. So in this scenario, imagine ur ASUS's screen as one giant mouse / trackpad. This is pure pleasure !
Thanks ASUS and SD. i am very happy with this purchase !

Last edited by djdoc; 05-28-2013 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost