View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 12:41 PM
L6: Expert
  • Dec 2008
  • 560 1dash1 is a name known to all
Quote from 1dash1 View Post :
Hmmm... my order statement does show "Shipping: Free with CostCaptainPremier."

However, since nowhere in the checkout process does it mention signing up for the program (not even an asterisk), I don't see how they can charge me membership. Nonetheless, it is a point of concern.

I sent CostCaptain a secure message via their internal Help Desk messaging system. I'll report back with their response, when I get it. Meanwhile, I'll be on the alert to check for any irregular charges on my credit card. So far, the charge for the Asus 5 port switch shows up, but no sign of any other charges.
UPDATE:

I received the following response from CostCaptain:
Hello,

It would have been something you selected during the checkout process, a free 30 trial which included free shipping.

I will submit you for cancellation.

Thank you,

Shanna
CostCaptain.com Customer Care
SO, I WAS ENROLLED INTO THE COSTCAPTAIN PREMIER PROGRAM WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE!! Frown Mad

Quote from Arkus View Post :
Did you notice that when you selected "free shipping" it signed you up for "CostCaptain Premier" at $29/year? http://www.costcaptain.com/premierterms.html
Arkus:

Thank you! If you hadn't brought this to my attention, CostCaptain would have stuck me for a bill for $29 after the trial period expired. REPPED!