View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 08:29 AM
L4: Apprentice
  • May 2013
  • 105 unksol will become famous soon enough
Quote from drlux View Post :
I don't know what kind of beef you get, but White Oak Pastures grass fed beef (I get them at Publix in FL) although a bit pricey ($7.29/lb) is a world of difference between regular and "natural" ground beef. I've made by far the best tasting burgers with this meat and it's 90/10.

Quote from drlux View Post :
That's your opinion. I had guests that told me how amazing the burgers taste. I know they are better quality then the general non grass fed beef.

To answer your other question, couple of decades ago it was easier to see the difference in food between various regions of the world. These days, with global economy it gets harder. What I do like about US is the labels so I can easily eliminate food with High Fructose Corn Syrup, artificial sweeteners, etc. GMO food is not labeled so that gets harder to distinguish. It is what it is. I do believe that all the processed food, preservatives, GMO foods etc. are not doing good to the human body. However, to eliminate all that food would mean escaping to a deserted island. So we pretty much are killing ourselves but I try to do the best I can from what I can get.
Look, its great that you're massively overpaid and can afford 7.29 a lb for HAMBURGER. But then WHAT are you doing on slickdeals? I could have gone with you on "grass fed tastes better". I don't think anyone would have argued it didn't. But you completely lost it when you started railing against GMO and of all things HFCS... i.e. sugar? Its just SUGAR. Don't gargle with it or consume excessive amounts of SUGAR in general. Anyone who nitpicks on HFCS is just a nut.