View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 07:49 AM
L5: Journeyman
  • Sep 2005
  • 170 mathnerd88 has a spectacular aura about
Quote from mvpusa View Post :
just picked a sony nex 6 and sold my d5100 due to it's lack of size and bulk.
Quote from mvpusa View Post :
I recently sold every piece of my Canon and Nikon gears for entering the mirrorless camera world. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE. I've been a DSLR user for many years, and I must say, I'm really getting tired for carrying the bulk and heavy cameras wherever I go.
You don't need to repeat yourself. Also, there are two HUGE disadvantage for mirrorless cameras. They lack amount of interchangeable lenses and they have poorer autofocus than DSLR. Also, since the body is smaller on mirrorless cameras, the battery is smaller, and won't last nearly as long on a charge, especially when you're going to be using that screen for live view or the electronic viewfinder.

Any professional knows that DSLR's are still king. Maybe mirrorless cameras will take the crown in the future, but they are definitely not the best now.

I doubt your mirrorless camera produces better images than a DSLR. The only advantage to the mirrorless is that it is lighter, but that is it. I've had friends who had mirrorless cameras, and desperately want to switch to DSLR's because of lack of available options.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 06-30-2013 at 07:59 AM..