View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 08:41 AM
L4: Apprentice
  • Oct 2011
  • 176 kahluatex has a spectacular aura about
Quote from scarpozzi View Post :
I can't vouch for this particular shoe, but I can tell you that this company makes my favorite dress shoes. I wear a size 14 shoe. My wife found a pair on sale at a local department store that was a closeout...I got a pair for $30. My problem now is that I'm hooked on these shoes and am willing to pay $100-130. Most are $120/pair.

What I notice is that the leather shoes have thicker leather than cheaper shoes. They have very good stitching and padding around the heel, and this is where most of my dress shoes fail for some reason. The 2 pairs of shoes I have worn the most from Johnston and Murphy have been worn for a few years and actually have had the soles worn out on them....but are still very comfortable. BTW.....I own 5 pairs of their shoes and will definitely buy more in the future when I need to replace them.
^This. I am cheap with respect to most things, but J&M dress shoes last twice as long and look twice as good as anything i can find for under $100. I only keep 3 pair at a time, though and if the 2- and 3- year old pairs I have now needed to be replaced, I'd be in on this.

FWIW I've tried buying from their outlet stores but have been disappoinyed with flaws that compromised comfort and durability.

Last edited by kahluatex; 07-08-2013 at 08:45 AM..