Thread: deleted
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 01:27 PM
L420: Toker
  • Nov 2008
  • Central TX
  • 355 hexabob is just really nice
Well, here is the e-mail I sent out, and the list I sent it to. It got me nowhere, but maybe you can use it. Bob Johnson is the guy to get a hold of.

Quote from hexabob :
Dear Sprint,

We do not agree to your updated terms & conditions effective 07/01/2013.

Specifically, we do not agree to the newly added statement “Call time for a single call may be subject to a maximum duration and may be automatically terminated if the maximum duration is exceeded”.

This sentence didn’t exist anywhere, in any form, in the previous terms. In effect, it allows Sprint to terminate any call it wants, purely at its whim, and cite the excuse that it exceeded a “maximum duration” that Sprint doesn’t define anywhere else in the contract. This is incompatible with the “unlimited” service we agreed upon that was advertised as unlimited, and Sprint can now disconnect calls at its whim.

This is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under my term commitment, as my current terms have no such restrictions on voice calls.

Additionally, we do not agree to the newly added statement “If you lose your eligibility for a particular rate plan or if a particular rate plan is no longer supported or available, we may change your rate plan to one for which you qualify.”

This in effect gives Sprint the right to change pricing, with absolutely no grandfathering clause. At any time, for any reason, Sprint can decide that I am no longer eligible for my agreed rate plan. Alternately, Sprint can decide to simply no longer support unlimited data. Since Sprint has taken away the option to grandfather my existing rate plan, this is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under my term commitment.

Additionally, we do not agree to the newly added paragraph called, “Contacting You Regarding Billing and Collections.”

“You expressly authorize, and specifically consent to allowing Sprint and any of Sprint’s agents to contact you in connection with any and all matters relating to unpaid past due charges you owe Sprint. You agree that, for attempts to collect unpaid past due charges, Sprint and any of its agents may contact you at any mailing address, telephone number, cellular phone number, email address, or any other electronic address that you have provided, or may in the future provide, to Sprint. You agree and acknowledge that any e-mail address or any other electronic address that you provide to Sprint is your private address and is not accessible to unauthorized third parties. For attempts to collect unpaid charges, you agree that in addition to individual persons attempting to communicate directly with you, any type of contact described above may be made using, among other methods, pre-recorded or artificial voice messages delivered by an automatic telephone dialing system, pre-set e-mail messages delivered by an automatic e-mailing system, or any other pre-set electronic messages delivered by any other automatic electronic messaging system.”

The most concerning portion of this new section is that I would be agreeing to be contacted by “automatic telephone dialing systems” and “pre-recorded or artificial voice messages.” I would also be agreeing to be contacted at absolutely any address, phone number, or email address I have ever provided to Sprint in the past – ever.

Since Sprint obtained my credit report when I started service, and this clause involves debt collection, it is actually illegal for Sprint to do this: under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act of 1977, Sprint is a debt collector. And according to the Federal Trade Commission, “A debt collector may not contact you at inconvenient times or places, such as before 8 in the morning or after 9 at night, unless you agree to it. And collectors may not contact you at work if they’re told (orally or in writing) that you’re not allowed to get calls there.”

Additionally, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 reads “Prohibits any call made using automated telephone equipment or an artificial or prerecorded voice to an emergency line (e.g., "911"), a hospital emergency number, a physician's office, a hospital/health care facility/elderly room, a cellular telephone, or any service for which the recipient is charged for the call.”
This is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under my term commitment.

We are requesting to cancel all services without ETF fees charged. We would also like to port our numbers to another carrier, so the account will be closed after porting has occurred.
This is the list I sent it to:

Daniel.R.Hesse@sprint.com
Dan@Sprint.com
Robert.H.Brust@sprint.com
Keith.Cowan@sprint.com
Paget.L.Alves@sprint.com
John.A.Garcia@sprint.com
Chris.A.Hill@sprint.com
Len.Kennedy@sprint.com
Bob.johnson@sprint.com
Richard.T.C.LeFave@sprint.com
Sandra.J.Price@sprint.com
Kathryn.Walker@sprint.com
barry.west@sprint.com
bill.white@sprint.com
Joseph.J.Euteneuer@sprint.com
Matt.Carter@sprint.com
Michael.Schwartz@sprint.com
Steve.Elfman@sprint.com
Bill.Malloy@sprint.com
Charles.Wunsch@sprint.com
eronia.singleton@sprint.com
Marci.J.Verbrugge@sprint.com
Melinda.G.Tiemeyer@sprint.com
stephanie.a.vinge@sprint.com
john.b.taylor@sprint.com
crystal.davis@sprint.com
stephanie.greenwood@sprint.com
michelle.leff@sprint.com
d.n.wright@sprint.com
investor.relations@sprint.com
Jennifer.Schuler@sprint.com

07-15-2013, 01:27 PM

Guests, join the SlickDeals.net Community for free to remove this ad.