View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 10:23 PM
L1: Learner
  • Nov 2012
  • 10 DPackMan is finding his bearings
Quote from DPackMan View Post :
Add me to the list. shake head

Placed order for $65 with a Chase card 4/30 and have not had any fraudulent charges yet on that card. Placed a $190 order on 5/7 with a Discover card and received two fraudulent charges today (5/15), one for $1 to Yahoo wallet and one for $100 at Macys.com (both still pending).

I've never had any fraudulent charges on any of my cards before, and I have not used that Discover card anywhere other than Rakuten since Christmas...
Well, I now have a $1200 fraudulent charge for The Observatory Inc on my Chase card. Looking through my statements, I not only placed an order at Rakuten on 4/30 with the card, but also on 3/14. I've not used any other cards on Rakuten, and none of my other cards have been compromised (nor have I ever had any of my cards compromised until these two Rakuten-related instances).

I've placed several orders on Rakuten in June and July, all with my Discover, but have not had any more fraudulent charges on it (though I'm not confident I won't have any more).

Last edited by DPackMan; 08-22-2013 at 10:25 PM.. Reason: added retailer of fraudulent charge