View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 11:42 AM
L5: Journeyman
  • Aug 2008
  • 123 gtd2000 will become famous soon enough
Quote from bargainhunter33 View Post :
On my home PC with a decent Comcast/Infinity internet connection the MagicJack works great.
You just plug the MagicJack device into your computer USB port and then plug your phone into the MagicJack. When your PC is off the MagicJack will direct all calls to the voicemail. The call quality is really pretty darn good I have no complaints. It is only $30 a year for unlimited USA calling...not sure about international? I've seen deals on Ebay brand new MagicJack and service for even less than the $30 I got mine for.

Now having a MagicJack device on this ZTE Awe phone (???) is really interesting for a portable WIFI phone.
I was going to change to Magic Jack for home use but ended up getting Nettalk Duo instead as we wanted to keep our original number.

Nettalk just charge a one time fee for porting the number but Magic Jack supposedly charge you $10 per year to keep your ported number.

So far the Nettalk Duo works very well indeed but now and again I have to add a 1 in front of the dialed number for some unknown reason.

We pay about the same for 1 year of service now compared to 1 month of service with Verizon or Comcast. Glad to get shot of them!

I changed my mobile provider to Lycamobile from Straight Talk. The service in my area is fairly crappy to be honest - especially compared to ST but heck I've used less than $4 of calls in 2 months vs a guaranteed $90 with ST! Wink