View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 12:33 AM
L3: Novice
  • Feb 2013
  • 35 SafetyThird is finding his bearings
I don't know how gold these huskies are but I recently bought a harbor freight 18 gauge brad nailer and love it. It was cheap but it's a pretty handy tool. I built some little 1x1 and 1x2 framed things for a neighbor and I can't believe I've been using a tack hammer for detailed stuff all these years. It made everything so much easier. Just watch your fingers, got a small puncture from hitting a knot and the brad came out the side.

As far as this deal goes it's worth it just for the 18 gauge nailer. I don't think I'd have use for the micro guy but maybe you would and that would be a bonus. It would be great if a framing nailer was this price.

If you're getting new air equipment be sure to get quick connect adapters and a good rubber hose. The coiled one I had drove me nuts and I can't even give it away. For small stuff like nailers and tire filling those cheap pancake compressors work well and don't use much space. If you want to use impact tools you'll need something much larger both in psi and capacity.

Sent from the official Slickdeals App for Android.