Top Reasons to Visit Yosemite Westgate Lodge
- The family-friendly lodge is only 12 miles from the west entrance to Yosemite National Park, where you can see some of the country’s most beautiful scenery.
- The property is made up of six buildings, which form a horseshoe shape around a playground, heated pool, and spa. There’s also a large meadow behind the property, ideal for picnicking or stargazing.
- Spacious guest rooms feature granite bathrooms. The Bridalveil suite offers more room, as well as a jacuzzi and a fireplace.
- The lodge earned TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence in 2012.
- Next door is Buck Meadows Restaurant and Bar, known to attract hikers, loggers, and miners with generous portions. Stop by for pancakes in the morning, steaks at dinner, or a late-night brew.
Groveland, California: Historic Town near Yosemite National Park and Ski Areas
The nearest town from the lodge is Groveland, located about 11 miles west. Groveland became a boomtown between 1915 and 1935 as the base of operations for the Hetch Hetchy water project, a massive plan to bring fresh water to San Francisco. These days, natural resources remain the area’s biggest draw. Groveland borders nearly 1 million acres of woodlands comprising Stanislaus National Forest.
The small town has remained a popular destination on the route to Yosemite National Park, located about a 30-minute drive east. Winter in Yosemite is a tranquil period as traffic decreases, allowing visitors to take in the snowy mountainscapes at their own pace. Some hiking trails remain open through the valley, and plows clear the roads leading up to downhill and cross-country ski areas.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Must book by 4/26/13 or promo value expires. Must complete travel by 5/5/13. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 2 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required; subject to availability. 72hr cancellation notice or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to Groupon price applies. Must be 21 or older to check in. Credit card required at check-in. Not valid with reward points. Must use promo value in 1 visit. 11% tax not included.