Top Reasons to Visit The Lodge at Jackson Village
- Situated in New Hampshire’s White Mountains, the quaint Lodge at Jackson Village makes for an ideal base for outdoor recreation no matter the season.
- Each guest room has a private patio or balcony, a mini fridge, and a DVD player and faces either the valley or the garden.
- This Getaway includes two passes to Great Glen Trails, where you can mountain bike, snowshoe, or hike through the White Mountains forests.
- When it’s warmer out, guests can take advantage of the inn’s location alongside the Ellis River. You’ll find 5 acres of gardens, plus an in-ground pool, a tennis court, and an 18-hole golf course.
- Each afternoon, husband-and-wife innkeepers Dana and Cathi Belcher provide fresh housemade cookies, tea, and coffee for lodgers to enjoy.
- While there’s still snow, the golf course acts as the Jackson Ski Touring Foundation, where 80 miles (128 km) of groomed cross-country ski trails begin.
- Through the end of winter, you can ski in the surrounding White Mountains. There are five ski resorts within 10 minutes of the lodge, including Wildcat Mountain.
Jackson, New Hampshire: Cross-Country and Downhill Skiing amid the Mountains in New England
The sleepy town of Jackson is surrounded by the White Mountain National Forest on all sides. When the meadows, lakes, and mountain peaks here are covered in snow, Jackson is a popular spot for downhill and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, dogsledding, and snowmobiling. Black Mountain ski resort is located just about 2 miles from the inn, and Wildcat Mountain, one of the area’s most popular alpine ski sites, is situated about 11 miles north.
In the summer, Wildcat Mountain offers gondola rides up to the summit, where you can take in sweeping scenic views of the area. The White Mountain National Forest, which spans more than 1,000 square miles, is a massive, natural playground for hiking, picnicking, fishing, and viewing wildlife. The warmer seasons also mean the opening of Story Land, an imaginative theme park that has delighted children since 1954.
Nearby, sweeping mountain vistas and colonial architecture unfold along the 100-mile White Mountains Trail National Scenic Byway. A segment of the loop winds near Jackson, passing white-steeple churches, country cottages, and covered bridges. Miles of groomed hiking trails lead off from the byway in every direction, attracting cross-country skiers after fresh snowfalls.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Must book by 5/10/13 or promo value expires. Must complete travel by 6/20/13. Not valid 5/25-5/27 or 6/14-6/15. Limit 6 per person, may buy 6 additional as gifts. Limit 6 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required; subject to availability. All cancellations subject to $25 fee; 15-day notice of fee of applicable one-night's stay up to Groupon price applies. Must be 21 or older to check in. Credit card required at booking and check-in. 9% tax not included.