Top Reasons to Visit The Linda Lee
- Converted from a private home originally built in 1872, this Victorian inn is filled with period furniture and decor and includes modern day amenities, as well.
- The deal includes a bottle of wine, a David Young CD, a bag of cracker candy, and The Bedford Inn cookbook, which is stocked with more than 70 recipes for famous dishes including butterscotch cake.
- The property is just a short walk away from Cape May’s beaches and restaurants, including a New Orleans–style spot that was named one of the top restaurants in the country by Zagat.
- You can enjoy a full complimentary hot breakfast buffet two blocks away at The Bedford Inn that is usually served buffet style and might include stuffed french toast, eggs florentine, or turkey kielbasa; afternoon refreshments are served here between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m., too.
- The Linda Lee has gingerbread trim and ruby-red glass windows.
- Take a horse-and-carriage ride through the Victorian village of Cape May or ride a rental bike along the seashore. Whale-watching tours are especially popular in May.
Cape May, New Jersey: Seaside Resort Town with Victorian Architecture
Long billed as America's oldest seaside resort, Cape May sits at New Jersey's southernmost tip. The setting is so idyllic that Travel Channel named the town’s coastline 1 of the top 10 beaches in the country. Aside from beachcombing, popular pastimes here include fishing, whale watching, and bird watching; the New York Times called Cape May "one of North America's hottest birding spots." You might see bald eagles, herons, and woodcocks. In the spring, keep your eyes peeled for the latter’s intricate mating dance.
After a fire ravaged most of Cape May in 1878, residents rebuilt in the contemporary style of the time, and dozens of their stately Victorian homes remain standing today. Consequently, the Cape May Historic District has earned the distinction of being a National Historic Landmark. Horse-and-carriage tours traverse the colorful, cottage-lined streets, which have been deemed off-limits to chain stores in order to preserve the classic small-town atmosphere. Along Delaware Bay stands the 1859 Cape May Lighthouse.Those who climb the tower’s 199 stairs are rewarded at the top with an unbeatable view of the Atlantic Ocean.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Book by 3/26/13 or 5/10/13 or promo value expires. Valid for check-in 3/12/13-3/27/13, 3/12/13-3/29/13, 4/1/13-5/18/13, or 4/1/13-5/22/13 based on option purchased. Valid only for check in days of the week purchased. Limit 2/person + 2 as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Reservation required, subject to availability. All cancellations subject to $25 fee. 15-day cancellation notice required or fee up to Groupon price applies. Must be 21 or older to check in and to drink alcohol; must be 18 or older to stay. Not valid for suites. Not valid for existing or group reservations. Not valid with other offers. 14% tax not included.