Top Reasons to Stay at The Breakers of Long Beach
- The resort fronts a stretch of the 28-mile Long Island Peninsula—billed as the world’s longest beach open to vehicles.
- With a children’s playground, sand volleyball courts, and an 8-mile nature trail, there are plenty of family-friendly activities here.
- The historic Fort Columbia State Park is only about 20 minutes away. Head there to see late 19th-century army batteries and other vintage buildings.
- Each spacious one-bedroom condo has a log fireplace and private balcony or patio.
- After a day exploring the resort’s 24 acres of parkland, you can soak under the stars in the outdoor jacuzzi or enjoy the indoor pool.
- From this point, the shops and restaurants of downtown Long Beach are only a mile away.
- Guests can enjoy a family picnic in the resort’s covered gazebo, which is equipped with charcoal barbecue grills and picnic tables.
Long Beach, Washington: Family-Friendly Pacific-Coast Town Known for Kite Flying and Cranberries
About 115 miles northwest of Portland, 28 miles of uninterrupted beach stretches across the Long Beach Peninsula. There are a number of ways to enjoy the coast: you can go horseback riding, for instance, or build a bonfire. Kite flying is also a popular pastime in Long Beach. In fact, the city is home to the World Kite Museum, the only American museum dedicated to the art, history, and science of kite making.
Cranberry bogs line the coast from Oregon to British Columbia, and Long Beach celebrates the tart fruit at the Cranberry Museum. You can learn about the history of the bogs, go on a tour, and try tasty cranberry-flavored tea and ice cream in the gift shop.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Must book by 5/10/13 or promotional value expires. Must complete travel by 6/20/13. Not valid 3/29-4/6/13, 4/26-4/27/13, 5/24-5/26/13. Limit 5 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts. Limit 5 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required, subject to availability. 48-hour cancellation notice required or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to the amount paid for Groupon applies. Must be 21 or older to check in. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Credit card required at booking and check-in. 10.8% tax not included.