Top Reasons to Visit Blue Mountain Resort
- Located in the heart of Blue Mountain Village, Ontario’s largest mountain resort, Blue Mountain Resort and Village Suites includes three unique hotels.
- One-bedroom suites have kitchens, dining areas, and living rooms with gas fireplaces. You’ll also have access to the resort’s hot tubs and seasonal outdoor pools.
- Set at the foot of the mountain, the Village is home to more than 25 shops and restaurants. Guests can take horse-drawn-carriage rides through the cobblestone streets or enjoy live entertainment.
- There are plenty of summer activities at the resort, from taking on the ropes course to admiring the views from an open-air gondola to riding the Ridge Runner Mountain Coaster, an outdoor rollercoaster that follows a 3,560-foot track down the mountain.
- A network of downhill and cross-country biking trails wends through the mountains, offering scenic views of Georgian Bay. Rent bikes and other equipment at the onsite rental shop.
- Plunge! Aquatic Centre is a popular family attraction at the base of the mountain. Swim in indoor-outdoor pools and splash around in water playgrounds with sprinklers and slides.
Blue Mountains, Ontario: Year-Round Outdoor Pursuits near Georgian Bay
Located in southwestern Ontario on the shores of Georgian Bay, Blue Mountains is a scenic town surrounded by its namesake hills. Blue Mountain Resort, Ontario’s largest mountain resort, dominates the landscape year-round. During the winter, skiers and snowboarders can explore 300 acres of downhill terrain ranging from slow-skiing trails to expert glade runs to halfpipes. The slopes are also open for mountain biking and hiking from May to September. At Adventure Park, the resort’s seasonal recreation complex, you can ride an alpine rollercoaster or take a guided off-road Segway tour during warmer months.
There’s also plenty to see and do outside of the resort. The suspension footbridge at Scenic Caves sits at the highest point on the Niagara Escarpment and offers spectacular views of the mountains, the bay, and the surrounding countryside. On warmer days, visitors can head to Georgian Bay for salmon fishing and kayak rides. You might also want to stop at The Candy Factory on your way out of town for some old-fashioned treats, including lollipops, brittles, and fudge.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Must book by 5/17/13 or promo value expires. Valid for travel 4/1/13-6/27/13. Not valid 4/11-4/12, 5/3-5/4, 5/17-5/18, 5/24-5/25, 5/31-6/1, 6/7-6/8, 6/15-6/17 or 6/21-6/23. Limit 2 per person. Limit 2 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required; subject to availability. All cancellations subject to $25 fee; 10-day notice or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to Groupon price applies. Must be 18 or older to check in. Credit card required at booking and check-in. 13% tax and 2% resort fee not included.