Top Reasons to Stay at Middlebury Inn
- The inn is located in the rolling foothills of Vermont's Green Mountains, amid turn-of-the-century farmhouses and tree-lined hiking trails.
- Built in 1827, the inn started out as a public house. It has since expanded to encompass four other buildings, including a grand brick mansion with ornate marble fireplaces.
- Recently renovated guest rooms feature Victorian décor, such as four-poster beds and high-speed telegraph systems.
- For breakfast, head to Morgan's Tavern to choose from fresh grapefruit, farm-fresh eggs, or pancakes slathered in local Vermont syrup. The restaurant also serves dinner, prepared with artisan cheese and locally sourced meats.
- At Waterfalls Day Spa, you can unwind with treatments ranging from aromatherapy massages to full-body exfoliations.
- The inn is conveniently located for those visiting Middlebury College. On campus, you can see some writings and letters from former Middlebury resident Robert Frost.
Middlebury, Vermont: Morgan Horses and Historical Mills in the Foothills of the Green Mountains
Middlebury is nestled in the foothills of northeastern Vermont's Green Mountains. The rolling, green hillsides are dotted with farms, churches, and quaint cottages that predate the American Revolution. The town’s pastoral New England charm helped earn it a spot on the National Register of Historic Places.
In the heart of downtown, an old mill-turned-art gallery sits alongside Otter Creek on Main Street. Not far off, the creek spills into Middlebury Falls—you can get some great snapshots of it from the top of the Main Street bridge. Visit the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History to peruse early town documents as well as historical furniture and clothing. Among equestrians, Middlebury is well-known for its population of morgan horses. In town, you can stop by the National Museum of the Morgan Horse to learn about the history of this noble breed.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Must book by 5/17/13 or promotional value expires. Must complete travel by 6/20/13. Not valid 4/16-4/18, 4/23-4/25, 5/4, 5/17-5/18, 5/24-5/26, or 6/7-6/8. Limit 3 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 3 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required, subject to availability. All cancellations subject to $15 fee. 3-day cancellation notice required or fee of $50 for 1 night reservation, $100 for 2+ night reservations. Must be 18 or older to check in. Credit card required at booking. 10% tax not included.