Top Reasons to Visit Hotel Bahía Chac Chi
- The hotel is right across the street from Playa Norte, where you can wade several hundred feet into the shallow, turquoise waters or rent a chair to sunbathe along a stretch of white-sand beach.
- Guests can unwind after beachcombing with tropical cocktails in the hotel’s outdoor atrium pool.
- Deluxe bay-view rooms look out onto Bahía de Mujeres from private, furnished balconies.
- Local building materials such as neutral Ticul stone and seashell-encrusted floors can be found throughout the lobby and other common areas, helping the hotel blend with the natural surroundings.
- Hotel Bahía Chac Chi is a two- to three-minute walk from local ferry terminals with daily service to and from Cancún, on the mainland.
Isla Mujeres, Mexico: White-Sand Beaches and Ancient Mayan Temples near Cancún
The island of Isla Mujeres lies just across the bay from Cancún, near the tip of Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula. You can easily get here from Cancún—ferries run several times a day between the mainland and Isla Mujeres. The island is only about 5 miles long and less than a half mile wide, and you can see it all by bike or golf cart. From the resort, it’s just a few steps to the sandy stretches of Playa Norte, which, according to the New York Times, includes some of the island’s best beaches. Right next to the beach is the town square, where vendors sell tacos, tamales, and tikin xic, a regional dish made from fresh fish basted in an achiote paste. Wash it down with a cold michelada, a mix of beer, lime juice, and spices.
At the southern end of the island lies Garrafon Natural Reef Park, where you can explore the Caribbean by kayaking or snorkeling through barrier reefs. The park also includes the Punta Sur Cliff at the island’s southern tip, where visitors will find remnants of a Mayan temple devoted to Ixchel, a fertility goddess, and breathtaking views of the bay.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Must book by 6/7/13 or promotional value expires. Must complete travel by 12/15/13. Limit 3 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 3 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required; subject to availability. Must cancel online; 48hr cancellation notice or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to Groupon price applies. Must be 18 or older to check in. Credit card required at check-in. 14% tax not included.