Top Reasons to Stay at Hopkins Bay Resort
- It’s located on the beachfront on Belize’s Caribbean coast—right near the longest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere. Naturally, it’s a popular spot for scuba diving, snorkeling, and fishing.
- You can take advantage of complimentary kayaks, bicycles, and daily poolside coconut service.
- Hopkins Bay Resort arranges a number of nature tours—go scuba diving, rappelling, fishing, or check out a jaguar preserve.
- If you purchase the two-bedroom beach house, you’ll enjoy a 10% discount on select tours, such as the Mayflower Waterfalls Hiking and Monkey River Tour.
- Enjoy local cuisine and island cocktails at The Beachside Bistro and The Drum Beach Bar
- Private one-bedroom beach lofts have striking views of the Caribbean and flat-screen TVs.
- Spacious two-bedroom beach houses are equipped with full gourmet kitchens, private decks with ocean views, flat-screen TVs, and locally produced artwork.
Click here to see Hopkins Bay Resort’s FAQ page.
Hopkins, Belize: Friendly Caribbean Village Close to the World's Second Largest Barrier Reef
Belize First magazine named Hopkins “the friendliest village in Belize.” Set on the Caribbean coast, the town is made up of about 1,000 residents, most of whom speak English. Its welcoming atmosphere has helped make it an up-and-coming tourist destination, and there’s a growing number of restaurants, small bars, and gift shops here.
Probably the biggest draw for tourists, though, is Belize’s barrier reef—the largest of its kind in the Western Hemisphere. It’s located just off the coast in Hopkins, and Hopkins Bay Resort offers a variety of diving tours and cruises so you can see it on a dive. One of these trips heads to the Great Blue Hole, a site that Jacques Cousteau declared one of the top 10 dive sites on earth; 130 feet below here, there are some massive dripstones. Or, on another tour, you can wind through the Maya Mountains en route to Xunantunich, a preserved Maya ceremonial site. At the top, there are panoramic views of Belize, Guatemala, and the bald spots of monkeys.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Must book by 6/14/13 or promotional value expires. Must complete travel by 12/15/13. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 2 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required, subject to availability. All cancellations subject to $100 + 9% fee. 60-day cancellation notice required or fee of 50% Groupon price applies; 45-day notice or fee up to Groupon price applies. Must be 18 or older to check in. Credit card required at booking. 17% tax not included.