Top Reasons to Visit Wilstem Guest Ranch
- Wilstem Guest Ranch is a working ranch with Chiangus cattle, rolling fields planted with soybeans and hay, and a pond stocked with fish. You can explore the grounds on 30 miles of rugged trails accessible by foot, bike, or horse.
- Two-bedroom cabins—with full kitchens, fireplaces, and enough space for up to six guests to stretch out—are nestled in walnut and oak groves populated by deer, wild turkeys, and hummingbirds.
- Your stay includes two passes to the ranch’s mini zipline canopy tour, replete with three adrenaline-pumping segments and the safety of both self- and guide-activated brakes.
- Use the four included water-park passes to spend a day splashing around 40,000 square feet of lazy river, indoor and outdoor pools, and giant water slides at Big Splash Adventure, located about 10 minutes west of the ranch.
- There are plenty of activities for families with young children at Wilstem Guest Ranch and in the surrounding area, including arena horseback riding (ages 3+) and mini golf and laser tag at Shotz.
French Lick, Indiana: Charming Resort Town with Sprawling State Forest and Rich History
Far south in Indiana, near the Kentucky border, the small town of French Lick boasts a unique landscape that helped shape its evolution into a resort town. Roughly two centuries ago, visitors flocked to French Lick and the neighboring West Baden Springs to bathe in the area's naturally therapeutic waters, which left several salt licks in the surrounding soil. The former French trading post is still popular with tourists today, less for the springs than the 200,000-acre Hoosier National Forest. Here, tree-lined trails weave past creeks, a 19th-century post office, and caves.
You don't have to venture far to get a taste of French Lick's rich history, which earned the town a spot on the National Register of Historic Places. At the Indiana Railway Museum, climb aboard a vintage locomotive that goes chugging through the forest. The railway is known for its staged Wild West robberies. Elsewhere, daily tours explore the century-old West Baden Springs Hotel, a National Historic Landmark with 200-foot domed ceilings adorned with frescoes.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Book by 6/14/13 or promotional value expires. Must complete travel by 6/30/13. Limit 2 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 2 per visit. Reservation required, subject to availability. All cancellations subject to $50 fee. 30-day cancellation notice required or fee up to Groupon price applies. Must be 21 or older to check in. Credit card required at booking and check-in. 11% tax not included.