Given that there are 1,024 possible answer combinations for the Slickdeals quiz, we were happy to find winners who will be receiving our classic Slickdeals T-shirts! We were at the edge of our seats following how the answer patterns evolved from imitation to collusion and back to imitation. And as some of you noted, though the last three questions could have been researched, the first two had to be answered with knowledge from experience. So, without further ado, here are the answers to the quiz!
1) The Front Page is visited by twice as many users as the second-most visited page on Slick Deals. What is the second-most visited page on Slick Deals?
b. Hot Deals
c. Popular Deals
2) We all know that Slick Deals started out as a tech-heavy deal site. After electronics, what’s the second-most popular item that Slick Deals users buy?
c. Office Supplies
3) For the first 9 years of the site, Mr.Slickdeals and his group of admins vetted deals, participated in community discussions and addressed server issues straight from their homes. In 2009, when the team decided it was time to settle down, where did Slick Deals establish its headquarters?
a. Austin, TX
b. Silicon Valley, CA
c. Las Vegas, NV - this is on our Facebook page, and yes, we love being in Vegas! Gets a little warm in the summer time, but at least we have sufficient parking spaces and spend less than 1/4 of our income rent/mortgage!
d. Boston, MA
4) It’s easy to rate a deal by clicking on the thumbs up or down symbol. Just this weekend, the Happy Nappers pillow for $2.99 deal got +207 votes. What is the highest number of thumbs up votes that a deal has ever gotten?
d. +4010 - this was temporarily at +4008 due to some cunning quiz-takers, but it’s back to +4010 as of Thursday, 12nn PT. This record-breaker was for the 1 Year Free Amazon Prime Membership from 2006.
5) Slick Deals started in a blog format in 1999 and opened the forums in 2003. How many users have more than 1,000 posts on Slick Deals?
d. 3,916 - we have 1 user at 100,000+ posts and 175 between 10-100,000 posts. The Community Members List shows all this information. :-)
Check how many you answers you got correctly and see what our recommended next steps are:
0 - Welcome to Slick Deals! ;-) Our frontpage commitment might be useful for you before you begin shopping!
1-2 - Ahh! So you’ve been here for a while, but there’s a 63% chance that you might actually be a lurker. You must know that registering (and joining giveaways) is free, so we suggest doing that to be part of the conversation.
3-4 - Look who’s well on their way to the 1,000 posts club! Thank you for your support. Aside from additional giveaway entries and everyday street cred, we’re looking at quantifiable incentives to reward your participation, so stay tuned!
5 - Do you work for Slick Deals? Maybe you should be working here. Check out our careers page and come join our team!
How well do you know Slickdeals? ANSWERS!
05-18-2012, 12:21 PM