Whenever a computer or PC component deal is posted on Slickdeals, the comments section is always set ablaze with passionate discussion surrounding specifications, performance, and competing brands.
A lot of these debates are accompanied by hear-say, myths, and outdated information, so we’ve turned to the experts at iBuyPower.com — a popular builder and retailer of custom gaming PCs — to help us answer frequently asked questions.
Special thanks to iBuyPower for sharing their knowledge and letting us tour their headquarters!
Drawing on his many years of experience and oversight of tens of thousands of PCs being built and sold, Brad shares some valuable tips and tricks with us while debunking a few popular myths surrounding perceived performance, installation techniques, and more.
Here are the topics that we cover (click each question to go directly to that section in the video):
- What are your priorities when building a PC?
- Does a generally overpowered PC perform better?
- Can you damage a CPU by touching the bottom contacts?
- Is there a best way to apply thermal paste?
- Should I be concerned about thermal paste performance?
- Should I avoid liquid cooling because of possible leaks?
- Is there a noticeable difference in RAM speeds?
- What’s the most impactful upgrade for an older PC?
- What are the essentials to handle both live streaming and gaming?
- What tips would you give a first-time PC builder?
- What’s the next big customization trend?
If you’re considering building a PC for the first time, upgrading an old one, or making the switch from console gaming, let this video be the boost of confidence you need to get started.
To learn what type of gaming PC best fits your needs, visit iBuyPower’s Easy Builder tool and choose what types of games you like the play. Easy Builder draws from Brad’s expertise to offer a few different configurations to fit your budget and performance requirements.