More jobs are allowing employees to work from home with each passing year, and in times of crisis, these perks become necessities. This same technology is also empowering individuals to create their own businesses and become a full-time freelancers, opening new doors of remote employment worldwide. Regardless of your current situation, if you want to maximize productivity while working remotely you’ll need to create a capable workspace for yourself.
This can feel easier said than done, especially if you’re new to the work from home world and aren’t sure if you’re going to stick with it in the long run. Thankfully, Lenovo has you covered. Offering a wide range of products for businesses big and small, you’re sure to find something that fits your needs.
To make your setup a little easier, we’ve put together a list of products essential to all home offices, sorted by whom they best fit — entry level freelancers, established professionals or spec-pushers looking for top tier gear. Whether you are just starting out or have owned a business for years, you’ll want to have a look at what Lenovo has to offer.
Desktops and Laptops
Computers are the focal point of any home office. While beginners will want to invest in something that’s both affordable and reliable, professionals with years of experience will likely be looking for something with a bit more power. The industry you work in also plays a role in which products you choose. For example, a freelance graphic designer might want something with excellent processing power, whereas a lawyer could potentially get by with a reliable and secure budget option.
You should also consider whether you need a laptop, allowing you to bring your work on vacations or business trips. It’s possible – and highly advised – to save money by skipping out on a desktop entirely and hooking a laptop up to a monitor while at home. This way you have the portability of a laptop, but can also take advantage of a larger screen when working at your office.
- ThinkCentre M720 SFF Desktop – Sale Price: $389.00 | Regular Price: $604.00
- ThinkPad E14 Laptop – Sale Price: $584.35 | Regular Price: $899.00
- ThinkCentre M630e Tiny Desktop – Sale Price: $495.00 | Regular Price: $829.00
- ThinkPad T495 Laptop – Sale Price $1,037.40 | Regular Price: $1,729.00
- ThinkStation P330 Tower Desktop – Sale Price: $809.00 | Regular Price: $1,249.00
- ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 Laptop – Sale Price: $1,459.00 | Regular Price: $2,919.00
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 7 Laptop – Sale Price: 1,445.95 | Regular Price: $2,629.00
Computers are always going on sale, but oddly enough our favorite one here, the ThinkStation P330, has hardly even been discounted over the past year. Be sure to scout around for something that matches your needs, but you can’t go wrong with any of these choices.
Just because you can afford it, doesn’t mean you should buy the largest monitor available. If you sit too close to a large monitor, you’ll find work becomes more frustrating and can cause an increase in eye strain. Many professionals believe 27″ monitors hit the sweet spot—large enough to allow for multiple tabs open at once, but not so large as to create an unwieldy work environment.
Note: To access these sale prices, use coupon code WFHDEAL when checking out.
- Lenovo C27-20 27″ WLED Monitor – Sale Price with code: $143.99 | Regular Price: $179.99
- Lenovo L27q-30 27″ QHD Monitor – Sale Price with code: $242.99 |Regular Price: $269.99
- Lenovo Legion Y44w-10 43.4″ WLED Curved Monitor – Sale Price with code: $1,029.99 | Regular Price: $1,199.99
As is the case with computers, finding the right monitor is a personal choice and highly dependent on your profession. For example, many video editors prefer massive screens so they can more easily see fine details in their work. Although Slickdeals has never seen the 43.4″ Lenovo Legion monitor go on sale, smaller monitors typically see discounts of up to $100 on a weekly basis.
The most personal of all office furniture, picking out a comfortable chair can be a challenge. The best in the business are highly adjustable, making them work for all heights and body sizes. Every chair listed here can be modified to your liking, allowing you to focus on your work without having to worry about backaches.
- WorkPro Quantum 9000 Ergonomic Mid-Back Office Chair – Sale Price: $208.99 with coupon code OFFICEDEPOT5 |Regular Price: $399.99
- Serta iComfort i5000 Series Leather Mid-Back Chair – Sale Price: $316.34 with coupon code OFFICEDEPOT5 | Regular Price: $369.99
- WorkPro Quantum 9000 Series High-Back Chair With Headrest – Sale Price: $355.29 with coupon code OFFICEDEPOT5 | Regular Price: $439.99
The WorkPro series typically go on sale a few times a year, offering discounts anywhere from $50 to $150, depending on the exact model.
As it’s the first thing you’ll see when walking into your office, you might be tempted to spend a lot of money when purchasing a desk. However, the only factors that really matter when it comes to finding the right one are stability, size and comfort. Our entry level pick is an incredibly stylish piece of furniture, but isn’t nearly as adjustable or spacious as those higher up on the list.
Note: To access these sale prices, use coupon code OFFICEDEPOT5 at checkout.
- Sauder Shoal Creek Executive Desk – Regular Price: $209.99
- Realspace Magellan Pneumatic Sit-Stand Height-Adjustable Desk – Sale Price (with coupon code OFFICEDEPOT5): $190 | Regular Price: $399.99
- Sauder Manhattan Gate L-Desk – Sale Price (with coupon code OFFICEDEPOT5): $306.84 | Regular Price: $379.99
Slickdeals doesn’t typically see many discounts on computer desks, and the ones that do go on sale tend to be on the budget end of the spectrum to begin with. However, Lenovo currently has several viable options for remote workers of all types.