There’s still time to “check out” before Mother’s Day on the perfect gift for the perfect mom – or grandma, sister, partner, wifey, or any other special person in your life.
It’s okay if you almost forgot (it’s on Sunday, May 10) because we’re here to remind you with creative Mother’s Day Gift ideas and the best online sales for mom right now.
1. Turn Those Phone Pics Into Tangible Memories – Like a ‘Photo Montage’ Blanket
What better way to put those 3,847,590 photos on your phone to good use than to turn them into tangible – and even useful – memories? Snapfish and Shutterfly all have great deals in May to transform digital photos iinto gifts they’ll marvel at and share on Facebook instantly.
Snapfish – Save 80% online
Deal tip: Take up to an additional 55% off entire orders of $30 or more and 30% off everything else with code 5530AP.
- Get her a classic 8″x11″ photo book for only $10.99 – right now they’re 72% off. Sale Price: $10.99| Reg. Price $39.99.
- Hang professional canvas panels for mom and be winning the rest of the year. Sale Price: $19.99| Reg. Price $99.99 (80% off until May 3)
- Let mom cozy up with memories and a 30×40 fleece blanket with pics of you (or the dog) on it. Sale Price: $34 | Reg. Price: $69.99 (50% off with code 5530AP).
Shutterfly – Save 50% online
Deal tip: Shipping is free with code SHIP39 on orders of $39 or more.
- Personalize this quality stainless steel tumbler (on sale for $35.99) for the millennial mom, perfect for coffee, wine, water, or smoothies!
- Spend time as a family doing puzzles featuring your own faces and favorite places. Choose a puzzle style and up to 1,014 pieces based on skill level. (Prices start at $39.98 – $10 off Reg. Price)
- Gift them a classic 8×11 professionally bound photo book with 20 pages of memories in it. Sale Price: $29.99 | Reg. Price: $39.98 (25% off). Or, go big to save 50% on 11×14 hardcover photo books.
- Transform a gallery’s worth of phone pics into fuzzy fleece photo blankets for everyone on your list. Sale Price: $53.98 | Reg. Price: $59.98 (10% off).
2. ‘Hire’ Her a Virtual Assistant and Save Yourself 70%
Let’s face it, your mom deserves an assistant and lucky for you, Target just slashed the Google HomeSmart Speaker with Google Assistant from $99 to just $29 to save you 70%! Use can also use your REDcard for another 5% off. Hey, you can even combine that GrubHub+ deal (below) with a Google Home. It’s never been this easy to put together the perfect Mother’s Day combo – consider it an investment in saving you both time.
More Google items on sale at Target:
- Google Nest Mini (2nd Generation) – Sale Price $29 | Reg. Price $49 (available in black or white)
Google Nest Hub Smart Display with Google Assistant – Sale Price $79 | Reg. Price $129
3. Treat Them to Streaming/Food Delivery Service Subscription Combo
Let’s face it – your mom works the hardest and deserves her own “chill” time. Why not surprise her with a subscription to BOTH a streaming service and food delivery service for a year? With a number of deals and these 25 free trials on streaming services, you’ve got options.
Streaming service deals:
- Get her an Apple TV + subscription for only $4.99/month after a 7-day trial period: that’s less than $60 for the gift that gives for an entire year!
- There’s no better time for mom to catch up on her high-production dramas with a subscription to “HBO” Max. The typical 7-day trial period has been extended to a select 500 hours’ (we did the math for you: 3 weeks of free HBO) worth of television and is $14.99/month beyond that.
Food delivery service deals:
4. Pamper Her With Gifts Fit for a Queen – Starting at Just $12, and One Is 24k Gold
She may not be able to go to a spa this year, but mom can pamper herself at home this Mother’s Day if you provide the luxuries! Lala Daisy is a unique site offering high-quality beauty brands at steep discounts (20% – 60% off retail daily) and has a great selection of pampering tools. Deal tip: Shipping is free on orders over $15 – well under other department store shipping minimums.
- 24K Gold Face Mask by Peter Thomas Roth – a “pampering treatment” infused with caffeine to energize and brighten all skin types – including sensitive skin – Sale: $40.99 | Reg. Price: $85 (over 50% off)
- Send her the entire spa with any of these skincare kits for just $12 and up – get one for yourself to qualify for free shipping.
- Add a comfy/cute robes or plush leggings Aerie for $29 (marked down from $49) to pair with all these pampering items.
5. Macy’s Is the Queen of Mother’s Day Sales with 80% Off
It’s safe to say department stores are perfect stores to shop for mom because they have it all – from practical to posh – and Macy’s always comes through with a plethora of sales and gift ideas for Mother’s Day. They’ve got gift ideas for mom categorized by personality and budget and special bonus discounts all throughout the site. You can get free curbside pickup in many locations, but shipping may take 5 days or more, so order early.
- Treat her like a queen and treat her to a cultured freshwater pearl 18″ necklace. Sale: $209.30 | Reg. Price: $1,000 (80% off). Use code FORYOU to take this deal from 70% off to 80% off
- Spoil her with Gucci three-piece Bloom Eau de Parfum Gift Set from Macy’s. Sale: $140.25 with code FORYOU plus free shipping, | Reg. Price: $165 (9% off).
- Splurge a little on the Michael Kors Voyager East West tote. Sale: $171 | Reg. Price: $228 (25% off).
At the very least, make it easy on yourself and send your mom a Macy’s gift card in any amount so she can choose for herself.
6. Send Impressive Flowers for as Little as $20
Sending flowers allows you to spend a little or a lot and choose from every color and combo and even order last-minute (though delivery options decrease and cost can increase the closer you get to Mother’s Day). Deal tip: To quickly find affordable flowers in your budget, use online filters to view prices “Low-to-High.” Ahead are the best deals we found on affordable flower delivery services with amazing selections:
- Blooms to last all year for only $50: If you want flowers to last longer (and have mom think of you with each new bloom), send this Pink Azalea Plant in a Mercury Glass Planter from ProFlowers. These bulbs will bloom a few weeks from delivery, a reminder of your thoughtfulness to last the whole season.
- Orchids for $40: The exotic orchid is the symbol for love, luxury, and beauty. If it also describes mom, then send them this stunning purple orchid with a designer-quality glass vase from Florists.com. That’s cheaper and easier than going to Trader Joe’s for an orchid plant. But make sure to download the Slickdeals Extension to your browser to apply the latest coupons to save $10 or more.
- Lilies under $20: Send 50 gorgeous Peruvian lilies – that’s right, FIFTY – for only $18.65 with the deals at 1-800 Flowers. Heck! At these low prices, be the hero and upgrade to 100 stems for only $49.
- Bouquets under $50: Mom can’t travel now, but this elegant Fields of Europe in Spring arrangement can transport her to a French farmer’s market. Deal tip: Use PayPal account to check out quickly and get $15 off your order making these flowers just $41.99 on 1-800 Flowers. It’s way less than the cost of a flight overseas.
7. Surprise Her With a Famous Food From Across the Country
So you live in Phoenix but your mom’s in San Antonio, and she misses those Boston cannolis she still talks about from her college days? Not a problem! Goldbelly works with restaurants to deliver memorable meals from coast to coast; plus, save $15 off by signing up for their emails.
- Give the gift of Eli’s famous cheesecake or New York’s famous cheesecake from Jr.’s. Prices start at $59.95 plus free shipping
- You can’t go wrong with a three-pack of Chicago’s deep dish pizza from Gino’s East. Sale Price: $74 plus free shipping| Reg. Price: $89.
- If your mom likes to cook, she can assemble her own cannolis from Boston’s Mike’s Pastry. Sale Price: $30| Reg. Price: $45.