We’re still in the heat of summer, but a new school year is just around the corner. With in-person classes returning and a lot of learning to catch up on, now is a good time to get the tech you need to make the most of the semester. Apple has historically worked with students and educators to offer discounts that bring their flagship products down to a more student-friendly price point. Typically these special offers amount to a roughly 10% discount on a variety of products.
Whether you’re looking for something light like a new iPad or Macbook Air, or you’re in the market for a powerful computer like the Macbook Pro, you’ll find education pricing on all of Apple’s latest gadgets. We’re breaking down the ways to save on new Apple products for students and educators.
Who Is Eligible for Apple Education Discounts?
While we’d all love to indulge in Apple Education Discounts, the special pricing is limited to a few select groups. Current and newly accepted college students and their parents, as well as school faculty, staff, and homeschool teachers to all grade levels are eligible to take part in Apple Education Discounts.
While most students and school faculty can easily verify their educational status with a school email or ID, that won’t be the case for many homeschooling teachers. Luckily, you are able to go to the website and purchase products with the student discount without having to verify your profession up front. And if this sounds like a great way for anyone to circumnavigate the rules, be aware that Apple might reach out to you for verification after the fact if they deem it necessary. It is not recommended that anyone try to access these deals without the proper credentials.
Apple Graduation Deals
While students need to be actively enrolled to qualify for Apple Education Discounts, there are still tons of options for finding special deals on Apple products for graduates. And while Apple isn’t known for big or frequent sales, you can often find deals on both new and refurbished products from other retailers that make for the perfect graduation gift. Whether you’re shopping for a friend, family member or yourself, here’s a selection of Apple graduation deals to check out.
The Best Apple Graduation Deals
- Apple AirPods Pro – Sale Price: $197.00| Reg. Price: $219.00
- Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS,40mm) with Red Aluminum Case and Red Sport Band – Sale Price: $319.00| Reg. Price: $399.00
- 13.3″ Apple MacBook Air (256GB) – Sale Price: $1,079.99| Reg. Price: $1,199.99
- Refurbished Mac mini – Sale Price: $759.00| Reg. Price: $899.00
- Refurbished 13.3-inch MacBook Air– Sale Price: $849.00| Reg. Price: $999.00
Apple College Student Discount
Apple has a number of student discounts and special offers to enhance the college experience. Currently, Apple is offering students a deal that will score you a free pair of AirPods with a qualifying purchase of a Mac or iPad. That’s a pretty solid offer given that a pair of AirPods would normally cost $159.99. You’ll also get three free months of Apple Arcade when buying a Mac or iPad, which is perfect for gamers looking for a distraction from all that homework.
If you’re going to spend some cash on a big ticket item like a new laptop, it’s a good idea to insure your new device in case the worst happens. Getting AppleCare+ with your new device is a great way to protect your purchase, and students get 20% off all AppleCare+ purchases.
Finally, if you’ve got an older Apple product and are looking to upgrade, you can always trade in your device for credit toward your next purchase. You can get hundreds or even thousands of dollars for the latest Apple devices, and even older devices still offer decent trade-in credit. You can check out a list of trade-in values at the link below and learn everything you need to know to start trading in your devices.
The Best Apple College Student Deals
On top of all these special offers, you can find discounts on all sorts of products with the Apple Education Discount. Here’s a selection of some of the most exciting offers from Apple Education.
- iPad (WiFi, 32GB) – Sale Price: $309.00 | Reg. Price: $329.00
- iPad Mini in Space Gray (WiFi, 64GB) – Sale Price: $379.00 | Reg. Price: $399.00
- iPad Air in Space Gray (WiFi, 64GB) – Sale Price: $549.00 | Reg. Price: $599.00
- iPad Pro 11″ in Space Gray (WiFi, 128GB) – Sale Price: $749.00 | Reg. Price: $799.00
- Mac Mini with Gigabit Ethernet (256GB SSD, 8GB Unified Memory) – Sale Price: $649.00 | Reg. Price: $699.00
Macbook Air (256GB SSD, 8GB Unified Memory) – Sale Price: $899.00 | Reg. Price: $999.00
- Macbook Pro 13″ (256GB SSD, 8GB Unified Memory) – Sale Price: $1,199.00 | Reg. Price: $1,299.00
- iMac with Apple M1 Chip in Silver, 24″ (256GB SSD, 8GB Unified Memory) – Sale Price: $1,249.00 | Reg. Price: $1,299.00
- Mac Pro Tower (256GB SSD, 8GB Unified Memory) – Sale Price: $5,599.00 | Reg. Price: $5,999.00
If you’re looking for even more deals from Apple, you can always set a Deal Alert. We’ll notify you whenever an exciting new offer hits the web.
How to Get Student Discount on Apple Music
Apple Music has a library of over 75 million songs for just $9.99 a month, but college students can get a special discounted rate of $4.99 a month for up to 48 months. What’s more, an Apple Music student subscription will also give you free access to Apple TV+ for a limited time.
In order to be eligible for an Apple Music student subscription, you must be enrolled in a university or college and be studying for a bachelor degree, post-graduate degree, or an equivalent form of higher education. Here are the steps you need to take in order to get a student subscription to Apple Music.
- Open either iTunes or the Apple Music App.
- Navigate to either the “For You” or “Listen Now” tabs in the respective apps.
- Select the “Trial Offer” option.
- Select “Student,” navigate to “Verify Eligibility.”
- You will be asked to verify your enrollment via UNiDAYS.
- Either sign in or create an Apple ID.
- Add a valid payment method to complete your purchase.
Once you’re done, you’ll be able to instantly stream millions of songs and albums, as well as start streaming your favorite shows on AppleTV+.
- July is Loaded With Discounts on Apple, Samsung and Google Smartphones
- Where to Find the Best iPhone 12 Deals and Offers (All Models)
- Apple’s Newest iPhone Name is All-But Confirmed