work for you?
If you've been waiting all year to treat your home to a few much-needed upgrades or finally kick that broken dryer to the curb, get ready. The Home Depot Black Friday 2018 deals are almost here!
We examined some of Home Depot's best deals from years past to help you prepare for this year's Black Friday sale and get your home ready for the holiday season.
What Doorbuster Deals Can We Expect from Home Depot?
- Artificial X-mas trees for less than $100
- Hundreds off refrigerators, washers, dryers, and air conditioners
- Up to $100 off major power tool brands like Makita and RIGID
- Grills and smokers for under $100
Expect to see some major discounts on big ticket appliances, with some slashing hundreds off the normal retail price. Previous deals included $886 off a Samsung stainless steel French door refrigerator, bringing the price down to $998 from $1884. Others took up to $300 off name-brand washers and dryers, bringing each price down to $499 from $799. Home Depot typically offers 24-month financing deals, with no interest for six months, to help shoppers with those big purchases.
There were also quite a few deals knocking up to $100 off various tools, tool sets, and workshop accessories in the $200 to $300 dollar range. These include brands like Milwaukee, Makita, and RIGID. In addition, last year had some decent deals on grills and smokers. Home Depot offered a $169 Dyna-Glo 4-burner grill and a $179 Masterbuilt charcoal and propane smoker for $99 each.
And if you hate getting pine sap all over the roof of your car each year, then Home Depot will likely be able to help you out. Most years they offer large incentives on holiday decorations, including artificial Christmas trees for less than $100, but quantities are limited per store. Those that make it through the doors of Home Depot early should find everything they need to cover their house inside and out with the holiday spirit. Look for $0.99 poinsettias, as well as big discounts on Christmas lights and decor.
When Will the Home Depot Black Friday Ad Be Released?
- Likely on Wednesday, November 21st
Home Depot likes to hold onto their ad scan until the last minute, usually dropping it the day before Thanksgiving (November 21st this year). That doesn't give customers a lot of time to prepare, but there have been leaks in the past.
While it is doubtful that Home Depot will release any official information until Thanksgiving eve, there's a chance the deals may leak sometime in early-to-mid November.
What Time Does Home Depot Open on Black Friday and Thanksgiving?
- Home Depot will likely be closed on Thanksgiving
- The store will probably open on 6 AM on Black Friday
Home Depot's gives their employees Thanksgiving off, allowing them to munch on some turkey and get a good deal of quality time with their families. Taking past years into consideration, it's likely that Home Depot won't be opening much earlier than normal on Black Friday.
That said, most stores open relatively early anyway, at around 6 AM. It's likely to be the same case for Black Friday. The best way to find out exactly when your local Home Depot will open is to just call and ask, as each store will probably be running on its own schedule.
When Does the Sale Begin Online?
- 6 AM on Black Friday
You're sure to notice some items that need improvement in your home as you prepare for friends and family to visit on Thanksgiving. Thankfully, the online-only Home Depot holiday sale begins at 6AM the day after Thanksgiving. While some deals will only be available in stores, there will still be plenty available digitally.
Which Deals Are Usually Best at Home Depot on Black Friday?
- Brands like Milwaukee, Makita, and RIGID
- Big appliances like washers, dryers, and refrigerators
- Christmas decorations and artificial trees
For Home Depot's Black Friday sale, you'll find some of the best discounts of the year on appliances, including washers, dryers, and refrigerators. If past deals are any indication, you can expect to save hundreds of dollars on all sorts of major appliances. There are usually some great deals on outdoor cooking equipment and other outdoor recreational items.
If it's tools you're looking for, you can usually find good discounts on quality sets from brands like Milwaukee, Makita, and RIGID. We also saw BOGO deals on select power tool sets, so expect some quality tools at low prices.
And Home Depot is great place to start getting ready for Christmas, as they have numerous deals on everything from decorations, artificial trees, and even some deals on toys.
When Is the Best Time to Shop?
- Shop online as early as you can
Shop online, and shop early! Since the ad scan will likely drop the day before Thanksgiving, you can start doing research ahead of time and be ready to checkout online as soon as the deal goes live.
Home Depot has free in-store pickup for most items and free delivery deals for larger appliances. Pick out your appliances and sign up for any necessary financing in the store before the shopping rush. Beware though, sometimes the best deals are only available when shopping in-store.
If you're truly dedicated to getting all the best deals possible, you'll have to shop both online and in-store. For in-store shopping, its best to be at the store the moment it opens. Yes, the crowds might be horrible, but that's the cost of Black Friday. Those who stop by Home Depot on the morning of Black Friday -- just after the early rush -- should still find excellent deals on assorted hand tools, which make great stocking stuffers for the handier folks on your list.
More Ways to Save at Home Depot on Black Friday
- Home Depot's Guaranteed Low Price policy is honored on Black Friday and can help get an additional 10% discount off if you find a better price elsewhere
- Be sure to sign up for the Home Depot email list to special Black Friday discounts and alerts, including a coupon for $5 off your next purchase. Sadly, the $5 coupon is not valid on Black Friday, but the extra discounts still make this worth it.
- Take advantage of combination deals. From BOGO deals to discounts on tool or appliance sets, Home Depot usually offers a lot of deals when you buy multiple items in the same category. This is a great way to stock up both you and a loved ones' tools sets, or upgrade all of your appliances in one swoop.
- Check for rebates. Browse the Home Depot Rebate Center and check the manufacturer website to see if any additional rebates are available.
- Get 10% off if you're a military member, just be prepared to show a military ID. It's not clear if Black Friday is an exception to this deal, so check first with your local store.
- Download the free Home Depot app. You can check store inventory and get store maps, which should make it easier to find your way through the crowds to those killer deals. You can also comparison shop through the app, and purchase your items directly from your phone.
Why Choose Slickdeals This Black Friday?
Everybody will have the Home Depot Black Friday ad 2018 scan when it comes out, but what makes the Slickdeals experience different is our interactive features. We turn every deal of every ad scan into a deal thread that our community can comment and vote on, making it easier for you to delineate decipher between great and not-so-great Black Friday deals.
You can browse through an entire ad scan, or only view the top-rated deals for a particular store. As we get closer to Black Friday, you'll be able to visit our Editor's Guide and see all the top-voted Black Friday deals this year, as well as the best deals by category.
Keep an eye out for Black Friday news on our blog where we will be reviewing some of the most popular ad scans for 2018. You can also download the Slickdeals app to get push notifications when your favorite stores released their Black Friday ads. Get your Slickdeals app installed today so you don't miss out!
Are you excited for the upcoming Home Depot Black Friday ad 2018 release? Which items are you hoping to snag this year? Sound off in the comments!
Add a Comment