work for you?
From the kitchen to the garage and everything in between, Lowe's has your home covered for Black Friday. This year, the popular hardware store is expected to offer significant discounts on power tools, kitchen appliances, and assorted decorations to cover your house for the holidays.
We're sharing an overview of what to expect from this year's Lowe's Black Friday ad scan to help you get ready for the big event.
When Will the Lowe's Black Friday Ad Scan Be Released?
Lowe's released its 2017 Black Friday ad on November 11 — its earliest reveal yet. Since the retailer keeps unveiling its ad sooner and sooner each year, we're hoping to catch our first glimpse of the 2018 edition sometime within the first two weeks of November.
What Time Does Lowe's Open on Black Friday and Thanksgiving?
Lowe's employees will likely have one more thing to be thankful for this year, because Lowe's usually keeps its stores closed on Thanksgiving Day. That being said, you'll want to set the coffee timer early the next morning, as Lowe's opens its doors around 6 a.m. on Black Friday and remains open until 10 p.m. that night.
When Does the Sale Begin Online?
Lowe's online sales typically launch early and include various deals throughout the entire month of November. However, most of the hotter promotions begin at midnight on Thanksgiving and last into Cyber Monday.
With online shopping, you can avoid the crowds altogether and take advantage of Lowe's free shipping when you spend at least $49. Last year, shipping was also free on most items for those who signed up for a free MyLowe's membership.
What Doorbusters Can We Expect from Lowe's?
If you're hoping to spruce up your home with holiday decor this Black Friday, you're in luck. Lowe's is known to offer several festive doorbusters you won't want to miss. Even better, the store offered a $10 Lowe's gift card via rebate last year with any fresh-cut Christmas tree purchase.
Based on last year's ad and popular deals we've seen on our forums, we're predicting the following prices for 2018:
- Whirlpool 24.5-cu ft 4-Door French Door Refrigerator with Ice Maker - Reg. Price: $2,299; Predicted Price: $1,099
- LG 7.4-cu ft Stackable Electric Dryer - Reg. Price: $1,149; Predicted Price: $629
- 7.5 ft Pre-Lit Oakmont Spruce Artificial Christmas Tree - Reg. Price: $348; Predicted Price: $199
- Kobalt 24-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Combo Kit - Reg. Price: $219; Predicted Price: $119
- DeWalt 100-pc Drill/Driver Screwdriver Bit Set - Reg. Price: $49.98; Predicted Price: $19.98
- Fresh-Cut Christmas Trees - Reg. Price: $28.48 and up; Predicted Price: $28.48 and up + $10 Lowe's Gift Card
- 22-in Fresh Cut Fraser Fir Christmas Wreath - Reg. Price: $10.98; Predicted Price: 2 for $12
- Werner 3 Step Aluminum Foldable Step Stool - Reg. Price: $39.97; Predicted Price: $19.97
We expect the best doorbuster deals for 2018 will be on Christmas decorations and Christmas trees — either real or artificial. The Oakmont Spruce from Lowe's is certainly the highest quality tree we've seen for the price during previous Black Friday sales.
While Kobalt is the generally known as the house brand at Lowe's, last year's 24-Volt Cordless Combo Kit was a great deal at $119. We're hoping to see a similar offer in this year's ad.
Which Deals Are Usually Best at Lowe's on Black Friday?
We fully expect Lowe's to have a wide range of tools and appliances priced right during its 2018 Black Friday sale. Here's a sampling of last year's best savings:
- Shop-Vac 12 Gallon 6 Peak HP Shop Vacuum for $39.98 (Reg. $99.99)
- Major Appliances up to 40% Off with up to $500 Lowe's Gift Card via Rebate (Only valid when you buy two or more select appliances for $396 or more)
- Ecobee Ecobee4 Alexa Enabled Smart Thermostat for $199 (Reg. $249)
- Kobalt 1000 Series 26.5 in 4-Drawer Black and Gray Steel Tool Chest for $49 (Reg. $99)
- Kobalt 40-Volt Max Medium Duty Cordless Leaf Blower for $89 (Reg. $169)
- Swann 4-Camera Outdoor 1080p Security Camera System with Night Vision for $229 (Reg. $349)
If you've been waiting all year for appliances, be sure and get to the store early for heavy discounts (and possibly grab a Lowe's gift card to help you upgrade your home in 2018).
Last year, the store had select appliances up to 40% off — and shoppers received a Lowe's gift card worth up to $500 when they purchased two appliances priced at $396 or more.
When Is the Best Time to Shop?
While everyone else is fighting the early morning Black Friday crowds over at the electronics stores, your best bet is shopping at home in your PJs or heading to Lowe's within a couple hours after opening.
Most bargains will still be available well after the sun is up, and you can spend more time crossing items off your shopping list (and not fighting for a parking spot).
More Ways to Save at Lowe's on Black Friday
- The Lowe's Advantage credit card offers 5% off your purchases, but make sure to read all the terms and conditions before you apply to see if it's right for you.
- Be sure to compare competitors' prices. Lowe's Price Match Guarantee is available in-store on Black Friday, which means you could score an extra discount if you find a lower price elsewhere.
- Lowe's offers a 10% discount for all active military personnel and veterans. Once you register, you can use the discount online or in-store.
- Be sure to check Lowe's rebate center to find or track rebates for the items you've purchased.
Why Choose Slickdeals This Black Friday?
Everybody will have the 2018 Lowe's Black Friday ad scan when it comes out, but what makes the Slickdeals experience different is our interactive features. We turn every deal of every ad scan into a deal thread that our community can comment and vote on, making it easier for you to delineate between great and not-so-great Black Friday deals.
You can browse through an entire ad scan or only view the top-rated deals for a particular store. As we get closer to Black Friday, you'll be able to visit our Editor's Guide and see all the top-voted Black Friday deals this year, as well as the best deals by category.
Keep an eye out for Black Friday news on our blog, where we will be reviewing some of the most popular ad scans for 2018. You can also download the Slickdeals app to get push notifications when your favorite stores release their Black Friday ads, so get your Slickdeals app installed today so you don't miss out!
Will you be stocking up on tools or holiday decorations from Lowe's this year? Let's us know what deals you're looking forward to seeing in the 2018 Lowe's Black Friday ad!
Images courtesy of Lowe's.
Add a Comment