work for you?
Summer isn't officially over until Sept. 22, but Sam's Club is giving us a taste of autumn with its upcoming one-day-only Fall Preview Event. Just like with every other sale, this promotion has its fair share of great and not-so-great offers. That's why we've reviewed the 20-page ad scan to help you decipher which deals are worth bumping to the top of your list.
Fall Preview Event Details
The one-day sale will take place on Saturday, August 5, 2017 with doors opening at 7 a.m. for all you early birds out there — but night owls can shop the deals even earlier starting at 12:01 a.m. ET online. Limited quantities are available on all of the store's featured products, so you're wise to snag any items you want sooner rather than later.
These in-club prices are for Sam's Club members only, but the store is always enticing new customers with membership promotions. As a general guideline, here's the cost breakdown:
Sam's Savings: $45 annual fee
Sam's Business: $45 annual fee (comes with early shopping hours and optional add-on memberships)
Sam's Plus: $100 annual fee (comes with early shopping hours, extra discounts on prescription drugs, extra protection service plans on select electronics, optional add-on memberships and $10 cash rewards for every $500 you spend)
- $1,147 when you buy the Samsung 65" Class Curved 4K UHD Smart TV and Samsung 4K Blu-ray Disc Player bundle (reg. $1,647). This beats the previous price drop we saw in May on this particular 4K model (the TV alone was $1,278 at that time.)
- $598 VIZIO SmartCast 60” Class 4K Ultra HD Home Theater Display w/ Chromecast built-in (reg. $678)
- $698 Samsung 58" Class 4K UHD Smart TV and Samsung 2.1 Soundbar bundle (reg. $1,027)
- $568 LG 55" Class 4K UHD HDR Smart LED TV (reg. $768)
- $498 Samsung 49" Class Curved 4K UHD Smart TV (reg. $698)
- $1,598 VIZIO SmartCast E-Series 75" Class Ultra HD HDR Home Theater Display with Chromecast Built-in (reg. $1,898)
- $428 VIZIO SmartCast E-Series 55" Class Ultra HD HDR Home Theater Display with Chromecast Built-in (reg. $528)
- $378 VIZIO 50” Class UHD Full-Array LED Smart TV (reg. $478)
Despite these decent prices on 4K TVs, we've seen the advertised $598 VIZIO SmartCast 60” Class 4K Ultra HD Home Theater Display w/ Chromecast built-in sell for just $548 at Sam's Club within the last year.
Back to School
- $298 Liftboard Single Motor Electric Skateboard (reg. $398). At $100 off, this one-day-only deal beats every other retailer's price.
- $59.87 HP Envy 4524 All-in-One Printer with $20 HP Instant Ink Prepaid Card (reg. $99.87). This is the lowest price we've seen on this particular model, and you're getting a $20 HP prepaid ink card with it.
- $529 HP Pavilion X360 Convertible 2-in-1 Touchscreen Full HD IPS 15.6" Notebook, Intel Core i5-7200U Processor, 12GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive (reg. $749)
- $299 Arlo Smart Home Security System with 3 HD Wire-Free Cameras and Night Vision (reg. $399)
- $148.74 Garmin Vivoactive HR Bundle (reg. $248.74)
- $119.98 Shark Rocket DeluxePro Upright Vacuum (reg. $149.98)
- $9.98 Member's Mark 450-Thread-Count Sheet Set in Twin (reg. $24.98)
- 25% off card value on Extreme Value Gift Cards (typically 20% off)
- $80 off your purchase of four new Pirelli or Goodyear passenger or light truck tires and $60 off tire installation with the purchase of four passenger or light truck tires on select brands (up to $140 off)
Tech for Less
- Free $200 Sam's Club gift card and free activation with the purchase of the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus
- Free $350 Sam's Club gift card and free activation with the purchase of the Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+
As Slickdealer abadan points out, Best Buy is currently offering impressive discounts on the Galaxy S8 and S8+ (as much as $400 off when you buy and activate the phone with a monthly installment plan through Sprint). Depending on your preferred carrier, you may or may not want to shop elsewhere.
In a rare move, Sam's Club will have Apple's latest iPad Pro 10.5-inch 256 GB on sale for $673 (that's $75 off its regular retail price of $748). Floridians will be happy to know that the one-day sale overlaps with its "tax-free weekend when tablets under $750 are tax-exempt" (shout-out to CptObvious for this slick observation!) Other states participating in the tax-free initiative this weekend include Virginia, South Carolina, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Missouri, Louisiana, Iowa, Ohio and Arkansas. (Source)
Exclusive Online Savings
Why deal with crowds when you can shop from the comfort of your own home in your coziest PJs, right? Sam's Club is offering its members exclusive online savings for added convenience, and here are some of the highlights:
- $948 LG 65" Class 4K Super UHD Smart TV ($350 off; reg. $1,298)
- $1,398 VIZIO SmartCast 70" Class 4K UHD XLED Home Theater Display (reg. $1,798)
- $549 HP 15.6" HD Intel Core i7-7500U Notebook (reg. $849)
- $449 HP 24" AMD A9-9430 Desktop Bundle (reg. $699)
- $79.88 ION Tailgater Flash Wireless Speaker System (reg. $129.88)
- $984 NewAge Products Performance 2.0 7-Piece Garage Storage Set (reg. $1,284)
- $299.98 Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker Bundle (reg. $348)
- $199.98 A-iPower Portable Gas Powered Generator (reg. $299.98). The store also has a "Shocking Value" price of $148.64 on the Sportsman 800 / 1,000 Watt Inverter Generator.
- $999 Leisure Time Malibu Swing Set ($500 off; reg. $1,499)
- $79.86 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite (reg. $99.86)
- $20 off any Ray-Ban sunglasses (limit three)
- $99.98 Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Seat (compare at $159.98)
- $759 Q-See 16 Channel 4MP HD Security System with 2TB HDD, 16 4MP Bullet Cameras and 100' Night Vision (reg. $1,199)
Even better, these online specials all ship free of charge.
Pass on the $79.98 Haier 2.7 cu. ft. Compact Refrigerator (reg. $99.98) -- Walmart has this same model for $79. Also, save your money and skip the free $200 Sam's Club gift card with the purchase of a Samsung 75" Class 4K UHD Smart TV. The store has this model priced at $3,078 (much higher than at other competitors).
Finally, Sam's Club is advertising a three-day promotion that overlaps with its Fall Preview Event in which you can score $40 off your purchase of $100 or more when you open up a Sam's Club consumer credit card account and make your qualifying purchase anytime between Aug. 4 and Aug. 6. The funny thing is that the store's already running a similar (but better) promotion where new cardholders can receive a $45 statement credit on a $100 minimum purchase now through Aug. 31. These offers can't be combined, either (and yes, we definitely checked).
Ultimately, this is a great incentive to save even more during the one-day sale, but don't rush into opening up a new credit card account just based on this limited-time promotion.
Do you plan on shopping the store's Fall Preview Event? Let us know which deals are catching your eye in the comments section below!
Images courtesy of Sam's Club.
Any product or service prices/offers that appear in this article are accurate at time of publish, and are subject to change without notice. Please verify the actual selling price and offer details on the merchant’s site before making a purchase.