Amazon Prime Day is finally upon us, offering thousands of discounts on products throughout its sprawling catalog. However, Amazon isn’t the only one getting in on the savings, with retailers across the country running similar promotions to cash in on the Prime Day frenzy.
Which Stores Have the Best iPhone Deals on Prime Day?
Across all retailers, anyone shopping for a new iPhone will find the best deals from either Verizon or AT&T on Prime Day. If you’re picking up two devices, Verizon is the better option, since it’ll give you the second line for free. However, anyone looking to trade an old device might be better served at AT&T, as its generous $700 trade credit seems to apply to more phones than over at Verizon.
Plenty of rules and restrictions apply to the huge discounts, so make sure to check the fine print before finalizing your decision. Regardless of how you cut it, both providers are offering better iPhone deals than Amazon on Prime Day.
Which Stores Have the Best Android Deals on Prime Day?
Verizon and AT&T are winners once again for Android deals on Prime Day, as the same buy-one-get-one and trade promotions running for iPhone are also available for the Galaxy S21 lineup. However, if you’re in the market for a budget Android phone, don’t pass up Walmart – which has the underrated Galaxy A11 for just $99.
While Amazon does have a variety of TCL smartphones on sale, it’s hard to compete with the massive savings on Galaxy products offered by Verizon and AT&T.
The Best Smartphone Deals Running on Prime Day
If you’re in the market for a new smartphone, Prime Day is arguably the best day to buy. Not only is Amazon slashing prices on some of the best smartphones, but Verizon, AT&T, Best Buy and more are running their own events – reducing the price tag of the latest iOS and Android devices by more than $1,000 for eligible customers.
Whether you’re looking to pick up a new iPhone 12, Galaxy S21 or something a bit more affordable, June 21st and 22nd are primed to give you some of the best prices of the year. We’ve scoured the catalogs of the most popular retailers to see what sort of competition is available for Prime Day – and determine which one is offering the best smartphone deals.
While Amazon products are typically the main attraction on Prime Day, it should come as no surprise that plenty of smartphone sales are also running. Here are a few of the best:
- TCL 10L (Unlocked) – Sale Price: $156.99 | Regular Price: $249.99
- Samsung Galaxy S10 (128GB, Renewed) – Sale Price: $228.49 | Regular Price: $228.49
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G (128GB, Renewed) – Sale Price: $548.99 | Regular Price: $749.99
- OnePlus 8T 5G (256GB, Unlocked) – Sale Price: $599.99 | Regular Price: $749.00
The number of special offers going on at Best Buy right now is – quite frankly – overwhelming. The store has promotional offers for activating a line with Verizon, AT&T and Sprint, while also cutting prices on a variety of Apple and Samsung products. We’d recommend checking out the current Best Buy deals page for a complete list of offers, but here are some of the highlights.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G (128GB, AT&T) – Sale Price: $599.99 | Regular Price: $799.99
You’ll need to sign up for monthly payments to see the $200 savings, but it’s one of the best ways to pick up the new S21 if you don’t want to trade in your old smartphone.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G (128GB, AT&T) – Sale Price: $399.99 | Regular Price: $599.99
Just like the Galaxy S21, you’ll need to sign up for monthly payments to get the best deal – opt for a one-time payment and the price is only discounted by $200.
- iPhone SE (64GB, AT&T) – Sale Price: $349.92 | Regular Price: $399.99
- iPhone 12 mini (64GB, AT&T) – Sale Price: $499.68 | Regular Price: $700
As usual, Verizon has plenty of trade-in offers and discounts for purchasing more than one smartphone. Specifically, you can save up to $1,000 when purchasing the iPhone 12 Pro and Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G if you bundle a second smartphone, opt for monthly payments and select an Unlimited plan.
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G – Sale Price: $0.00 | Regular Price: $999.99
Buy one, get one $1,000 off when using monthly payments and starting a new line with an Unlimited plan. You can also trade in your old phone for up to $800 in trade credits, although only relatively new devices – like the iPhone 11 – are eligible for the full trade amount.
- iPhone 12 Pro – Sale Price: $0.00 | Regular Price: $999.99
This is the same deal as the Galaxy promo above – buy two iPhone 12 Pros with monthly payments and Unlimited plans, and Verizon will give you up to $1,000 off your purchase. If you’re not sold on the iPhone 12 Pro, this promo is also valid when purchasing any other product in the iPhone 12 family.
- iPhone 11 – Sale Price: $0.00 | Regular Price: $599.99
Start a new line, pick up an Unlimited plan and opt for monthly payments to get an iPhone 11 for free. This deal is only available online and you’ll still need to pay the one-time activation fee of $35.
Beyond the promotions mentioned above, Verizon is also giving away $650 gift cards and a free Verizon Stream TV subscription to anyone who brings their current out-of-network phone over to select Verizon Unlimited plans. So if you’ve got a phone you love but aren’t glued to a provider, this could be a great way to make some extra cash.
Not to be outdone by Verizon, AT&T is also offering a variety of trade-in discounts and ways to pick up new phones for free. The best way to save is by trading in an old device worth at least $95, because AT&T will give you $700 off eligible 5G phones like the Galaxy S21 and iPhone 12. You’ll need to join a 5G plan and make monthly payments, but it’s a great way to upgrade your aging device.
- iPhone 11 (64GB) – Sale Price: $360.00 | Regular Price: $599.99
Sign up for an Unlimited plan with monthly payments and you can get the iPhone 11 for just $10/month.
- iPhone SE – Sale Price: $180.00 | Regular Price: $399.99
Purchase the iPhone SE, throw it on an Unlimited plan and make monthly payments to receive $220 in credits over the course of your subscription.
There isn’t too much going on at Walmart, although a few prepaid phones are currently discounted.
- Samsung Galaxy A11 (32GB, Prepaid, Walmart Family Mobile) – Sale Price: $99.00 | Regular Price: $179.00
- Apple iPhone SE (64GB, Prepaid, Cricket) – Sale Price: $249.00 | Regular Price: $349.00
- Apple iPhone SE (64GB, Prepaid, AT&T) – Sale Price: $249.00 | Regular Price: $349.00
If you’re in the market for an older, less expensive phone, Target is the place to look. Several Galaxy products are available at steep discounts – although other retailers are offering newer phones at similar prices. All told, there’s nothing too amazing going on at Target, but it’s worth a peek if you’re on a budget.
- Samsung Galaxy A11 (32GB) – Sale Price: $169.99 | Regular Price: $194.99
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (128GB, Refurbished) – Sale Price: $309.99 | Regular Price: $499.99
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 (256GB, Refurbished) – Sale Price: $419.99 | Regular Price: $499.99
- LG V60 ThinQ 5G (128GB) – Sale Price: $439.99 | Regular Price: $499.99
A few promotions are running at T-Mobile, although our favorite gets you an iPhone 12 by trading in an iPhone 12. You can also get up to half off the price of an iPhone 12 by trading in an older model.
- iPhone 12 (64GB) – Sale Price: $0.00 | Regular Price: $829.99
Activate a new line with any plan and trade in your old device to receive up to $830 in trade credits. Plenty of trade-in devices are eligible for the savings, including iPhone 11, iPhone XR, Galaxy S9 series and OnePlus 7 Pro 5G.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G (128 GB) – Sale Price: $0.00 | Regular Price: $799.99
If you’d rather pick up the latest Android flagship, T-Mobile is running the same offer as above but for the S21 5G. Active a new line and trade in a fairly current smartphone to receive $800 off your purchase.
More to consider:
- ‘Free’ Sam’s Club Annual Membership Deal Is Back and Even Better
- Here’s How You Can Get the Best Price on a STARZ Subscription
- How Fabletics Works and How To Make It a Great Deal