Amazon is kicking off Prime Day on June 21st, promising big discounts on hundreds of products throughout its sprawling catalog. Whether you’re shopping for a new TV, a fancy pair of headphones or a new set of cookware, there’s bound to be an item with your name on it.
However, if you happen to be in the market for something made directly by Amazon – think Kindle, Fire tablets or Echo and Alexa devices – now is without a doubt the best time to buy. Year after year, Prime Day is known to offer the lowest prices ever for dozens of first-party Amazon products, and you’ll want to be on the lookout in the coming days to take advantage of hundreds of dollars worth of savings.
Here’s What We Are Expecting For Prime Day 2021
Much of Prime Day will remain a mystery until it arrives on June 21st, but we have a pretty good idea of what to expect based on previous sales. Amazon Basics and household products are a bit of a wildcard, but we’re all but guaranteed to see Kindle, Echo, Fire and Blink products go on sale. Don’t be surprised if Amazon repeats the exact same discounts as last year – or reduces prices even further as it tries to clear space for new models.
Beyond electronics, many people are speculating that a Kindle Unlimited deal will spring up during Prime Day, offering several months of the subscription service for free. Kindle Unlimited provides you access to hundreds of books – including the entire Harry Potter series – along with three subscriptions to some of today’s most popular magazines.
Leading up to Prime Day, we’ve already seen some incredible deals on first-party products:
- Blink Mini (2-Cameras) – Sale Price: $34.99 | Regular Price: $64.99
- Insignia 24” HD Smart Fire TV – Sale Price: $99.99 | Regular Price: $169.99
- Echo Show 8 + Blink Mini – Sale Price: $139.99 | Regular Price: $164.98
- Ring Spotlight Cam Battery Bundle With Echo Show 5 – Sale Price: $259.98 | Regular Price: $284.98
Think Beyond Echo and Kindle Products
While the Echo and Kindle lineups might be the most popular products made by Amazon, they are far from the only ones available. Amazon has expanded its first-party catalog tremendously over the past few years, offering everything from consumer electronics and groceries to pet supplies and storage solutions.
Not all these products will go on sale during Prime Day, but here’s a closer look at some of the highlights in Amazon’s growing first-party catalog – if you have any of these products on your shopping list, make sure you keep your eyes peeled on June 21st and 22nd.
- Kindle E-readers
- Echo and Alexa devices
- Fire Tablets
- Fire TV products
- Blink Cameras
- Variety of household products from Amazon Basics
In the past, we’ve mostly seen Amazon electronics go on sale during Prime Day, but it’s more than possible to see other products from Amazon Basics available at a discount during the massive two-day event.
Amazon Products Reach Their Lowest Prices During Prime Day
Forget Black Friday – when it comes to Amazon products, it’s hard to beat Prime Day.
Almost all of the following prices from Prime Day 2020 were among the lowest we’ve ever seen, making it the best time to pick up gadgets made by Amazon. Last year we saw the Echo Show 8 discounted to $99.99, Echo Buds on sale for $80 and the Kindle Paperwhite reduced from $130 to just $80. If you’re in the market for anything in Amazon’s first-party catalog, you won’t find a better price than what’s available on Prime Day.
We’re not sure if these will pop up again in 2021, but here are some of the best sales on Amazon products from Prime Day 2020:
- Echo Dot 3rd Gen (Two Pack) – Prime Day 2020 Sale Price: $39.98 | Regular Price: $99.98
- Echo Show 5 Kitchen Bundle –Prime Day 2020 Sale Price: $44.99 | Regular Price: $129.98
- Fire TV Recast – Prime Day 2020 Sale Price: $129.99 | Regular Price: $229.99
- Echo Auto – Prime Day 2020 Sale Price: $19.99 | Regular Price: $49.99
- Kindle – Prime Day 2020 Sale Price: $59.99 | Regular Price: $89.99
- Kindle Oasis – Prime Day 2020 Sale Price: $174.99 | Regular Price: $249.99
- Kindle Paperwhite – Prime Day 2020 Sale Price: $79.99 | Regular Price: $129.99
Of course, you’ll need to be an Amazon Prime member to take advantage of all the savings on Prime Day, although anyone new to the service can opt into a 30-day free trial – giving you access to Prime Day, two-day shipping and a whole slew of additional benefits.
- Stop Overpaying for Shows and Get on These Streaming Bundles
- How to Get the Best Anytime Fitness Membership Deals
- 12 Cheaper YETI Cooler Alternatives You May Not Know About