‘Tis the season for holiday shopping and according to the National Retail Foundation (NFR), Americans will be doing a lot of spending this year. The NFR predicts holiday spending to increase between 3.8% and 4.2% during the holiday season — that’s over $730 billion. That’s a lot of moolah. While you won’t spend anything close to that number, there is a good possibility that you will be spending more this time of the year. And since you are already planning to shop until you drop, the best travel credit cards will help you earn some free travel at the same time!
Best Travel Credit Cards for Holiday Shopping
These credit cards will make your holiday budget go a little farther. Find the best card to reward your shopping, as well as bonus offers you can enjoy after the holiday stress dies down.
1. The Platinum Card® from American Express
2. Chase Sapphire Reserve®
3. Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
If you love staying at Hilton hotels, you will love the Hilton Honors Aspire. Cardmembers earn 14X points for every $1 spent on Hilton resorts and hotels. Right now, new sign-ups can earn 150,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 in the first three months. Despite the Hilton Aspire’s $450 annual fee, many cardholders consider this credit card a deal because of the premium perks, including a $250 airline credit, a $250 Hilton credit, Priority Pass lounge access, and a free weeknight stay.
- Annual Fee: $450
- Value: 14x points per eligible dollar spent with participating hotels and resorts
- Sign-Up Bonus: 150,000 points after spending $4,000 during the first three billing cycles
- Pro: $250 annual airline credit
- Con: Points aren’t worth much
4. Citi Prestige® Credit Card
The Citi Prestige offers new members 50,000 points after spending $4,000 in the first three months. Like other premium travel cards, it’s $495 annual fee comes loaded with benefits like Priority Pass membership, $250 annual travel credit, $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check, and 5X points for air travel and dining. Book an extended hotel stay through your Citi Prestige card, and you will get your fourth night free.
- Annual Fee: $495
- Value: 5X points for travel and dining
- Sign-Up Bonus: 50,000 points after spending $4,000 during the first three billing cycles
- Pro: $250 annual travel credit
- Con: Travel must be booked through Citi ThankYou Portal
5. Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card
6. Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
7. Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
8. Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Credit Card
9. IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
10. Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card
Bonus Business Travel Card: United℠ Business Card
Comparing Rewards Credit Cards
Not sure if a travel rewards card is right for you? We get it. Choosing a credit card that meets your needs is important, which is why Slickdeals’ Credit Card Hub helps you compare the benefits of different cards, search credit cards by rewards categories, and explore cards by their issuers — all to find the best fit for your wallet.
You can also stretch your holiday budget even more by shopping the best sales and deals. Pick your favorite store and set a Deal Alert to always be in the know.