As they say, the early bird gets the worm. And this worm happens to be big savings on 2019 Apple computers.
For a limited time, the Apple Education Store is kick-starting its Back to School sale with discounts on select 2019 Macbook Laptops and iMacs. As an added bonus, it’s also throwing in a free pair of Beats Studio 3 Wireless Headphones, valued up to $350.
Apple is offering a trade-in program to help you save even more on your next computer. Just follow the trade-in prompt at the top of the product page, and you can get a trade-in value of up to $1400 for your old device.
Free shipping is available on all products, or you can opt to pick up at an Apple store near you where available.
Apple’s Back to School Sale
Discounted Computers (2019 Models)
- MacBook Air – Sale Price: $999 | Reg. Price: $1,199.99
- 13″ MacBook Pro – Sale Price: $1,199 | Reg. Price: $1,299.99
- 15″ MacBook Pro – Sale Price: $2,249 | Reg. Price: $2,399.99
- iMac – Sale Price: $1,049 | Reg. Price: $1,099.99
- iMac Pro – Sale Price: $4,599 | Reg. Price: $4,999.99
Eligible Free Beats Wireless Headphones
- Beats Studio3 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones – $349.95 Value
- Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones (The Beats Skyline Collection) – $349.95 Value
- Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones (Beats Club Collection) – $199.95 Value
- BeatsX Earphones – $99.95 Value
What You Need to Know About the Apple Back to School Sale
There are some restrictions to the sale worth pointing out. There is a limit of one computer per customer and only qualified purchasers are eligible.
- K-12: Any employee of a public or private K-12 institution (PTA or PTO executives or appointed/elected officers are eligible).
- Higher Education: Faculty or staff and students attending or accepted into a Higher Education institution within the US.
- Higher Education Parents: Parents purchasing on behalf of their child who is currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education institution.
Is the Apple Back to School Sale a Good Deal?
While the discounts on the computers aren’t the best we’ve seen, the free headphones are a nice touch if you’re in need of the ear gear. But you may be in the same boat as Slickdealer VadimNYC whose preference is “holding out for the price savings rather than free stuff I don’t need.”
It has also been noted by users that the savings pretty much only apply for the entry-level version of each product. Slickdeal user, NCatron, shared their issues with this exact matter:
“Here’s the painful part for me — yes this seems a good deal but I can’t stomach the entry-level Air. It has only 128 GB SSD. That’s far too little in 2019. So you have to pay $200 more (!!) to get the 256 GB with no other upgrades, dramatically increasing the cost.”
These are just a couple of things to take into consideration while browsing the Apple Education store. And although Labor Day is still a ways away, you may get another opportunity on even better deals based on what we saw in 2018.
Or you can check out our one of our best Apple deals here:
Search URL: https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?src=SearchBarV2&q=apple&searcharea=deals&searchin=first
- Deal Value: Save hundreds on select computers, and get free Beats Headphones valued up to $350
- Timeframe: For a limited time
- Things to Remember: Limit one per customer and discount prices are only valid for students, education staff or parents of higher education students