Apple is giving a free year of Apple TV+ to anyone who buys a new iPhone, iPad touch, Apple TV or Mac computer. And don’t fret if you were a day-one iPhone 11 adopter; Apple is extending this offer to anyone who purchased a qualifying product after September 10th, 2019.
While Apple products tend to be on the pricier side, this is a pretty solid incentive to upgrade if you’ve been holding out. Apple TV+ costs $4.99 a month, so this yearlong subscription is worth $59.88.
To redeem this offer, you’ll need to sign in to your new Apple device. After that, open the Apple TV app and you should get a pop-up that describes the offer. Just click the button that reads “Enjoy 1 Year Free” and you’re all set! If for some reason you do not get the prompt upon opening the Apple TV app, you can access the offer from the Apple TV+ channel page.
What Can I Watch on Apple TV+?
Unlike other streaming services, everything on Apple TV+ is an original program. While this means the programming on Apple TV+ has been painstakingly curated, it also means there is a relatively small amount of content on the platform compared to other streamers. With only a handful of shows and even fewer movies, Apple is banking on the quality of its programming to outweigh the quantity.
Here’s a sampling of the content currently available on Apple TV+:
- See (Series) — Jason Momoa stars in this post-apocalyptic thriller in which a global virus has wiped out the majority of humankind and blinded the last survivors.
- Dickinson (Series) — Hailee Steinfeld stars as a young and ambitious Emily Dickinson in this coming-of-age series.
- The Morning Show (Series) — Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon and Steve Carrell star in this drama series about the behind the scenes lives of “Morning Show” hosts.
- For All Mankind (Series) — This alternate reality series imagines a world where the Space Race never ended, and astronauts are the modern equivalent to rock stars.
- Central Park (Series) — An animated musical comedy from the creator of Bob’s Burgers that follows a family trying to stop a hotel heiress from turning Central Park into condos.
- The Elephant Queen (Documentary Film) — A nature documentary following Athena, the matriarch of an elephant herd.
- Helpsters (Children’s Series) — Meet the Helpsters, a group of puppets who love to help people with their problems.
- Ghostwriter (Series) — Four kids investigate the haunting mysteries of their local bookstore, where the fictional characters tend to leap from the pages. Literally.
- Snoopy in Space (Children’s Shorts) — Join Snoopy as he takes over command of the International Space Station.
- Mythic Quest (Series) — Meet the team behind the biggest multiplayer video game of all time, and laugh along as you watch their most hard-fought battles taking place not in the game… but in the office.
- Oprah’s Book Club (Series) — Join Oprah as she discusses important books with the authors that wrote them.
- Servant (Series) — This series from the mind of M. Night Shyamalan follows a grieving couple as mysterious forces infiltrate their Philadelphia home.
- Hala (Movie) — Hala tells the story of a young Pakistani-American teenager struggling with a secret that could destroy her family.
- Truth Be Told (Series) — Octavia Spencer, Lizzy Caplan and Aaron Paul star in this series that examines the world of crime podcasts, and how they may be putting innocent people behind bars.
- Losing Alice (Series) — a middle-aged film director meets a femme-fatale screenwriter, who takes her on an obsessive journey toward success at any cost.
If you want to stay up to date on everything Apple, set a Deal Alert and we’ll notify you when a new deal pops up.
You also might enjoy this popular Apple deal from our Frontpage:
Search URL: https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?firstonly=1&pp=20&sort=newest&rating=frontpage&filter%5B%5D=525850&forumid%5B%5D=9&hideexpired=1&r=1