work for you?
Smart wearables keep making an impact on the market and continue turning everyone's dream of living like James Bond into a reality. Of all the smartwatches out there, one of the best performing is the Apple Watch, which has sold well over 100 million units since its first release in 2015.
September, the most popular birth month, also happens to be Apple's designated month for releasing new products. And the recently introduced Apple Watch Series 5 is sharing the spotlight with its cellular counterpart, the iPhone 11.
To add to the excitement, Amazon has pre-orders for select models of the new Apple Watch at a discount up to $50, which are set to ship on September 20th, 2019.
As usual, shipping is free and you can earn an additional 5% back when using an Amazon credit card to purchase. The Apple Watches also qualify for 12-month interest-free financing when using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card. Simply choose the option from your payment methods at checkout.
Apple Watch Series 5 Models and Pre-Order Prices
Note that some of the coupons may only be available to select Prime members.
40mm GPS + Cellular
- Stainless Steel Case with White Sport Band - Sale Price: $649 | Reg. Price $699
- Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band - Sale Price: $493.31 ($5.96 coupon clipped) | Reg. Price $499
- Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Black Milanese Loop - Sale Price: $740.46 ($8.54 coupon clipped) | Reg. Price $749
- Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Black Sport Band - Sale Price: $691.03 ($7.97 discount with no-rush shipping) | Reg. Price $699
- Gold Aluminum Case with Pink Sport Band - Sale Price: $384.99 | Reg. Price $399.99
- Silver Aluminum Case with White Sport Band - Sale Price: $384.99 | Reg. Price $399.99
- Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band - Sale Price: $384.99 | Reg. Price $399.99
- Silver Aluminum Case with White Sport Band - Sale Price: $414.99 | Reg. Price $429.99
- Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band - Sale Price: $414.99 | Reg. Price $429.99
Frequently Asked Questions About the Apple Watch Series 5
What's New with the Apple Watch Series 5?
The latest version of Apple's wearable includes a few improvements over its predecessor, the Series 4. The most important feature among the changes is the intelligent always-on display, which dims when it's facing away and lights up when your wrist is raised or the display is tapped. Even with the screen active at all times, Apple states that the watch still maintains the 18-hour battery life of the previous model.
The company also introduced the Compass app; exclusive to the Apple Watch Series 5. This new addition is great for hikers and spelunkers as it features information like heading, incline, latitude, longitude and elevation. The watch also includes apps to help track your heart health, menstrual cycle and fitness.
For owners of the cellular version, the Series 5 also includes a new International SOS feature that could literally save your life one day. If you find yourself traveling overseas and in dire need of assistance, just long press the side button to access the SOS.
The watch will dial your emergency contacts as well as the emergency services number specific to the country. This new addition to the Apple Watch will definitely be helpful to any travelers with health concerns or those daring globe-trotter types.
What Colors are Available for the Series 5?
For this latest generation of the Apple Watch, the company has taken customization to a whole new level. The case materials include stainless steel, aluminum, titanium and even a flashback to the classic ceramic white.
The Apple Watch Studio featured on the company's website lets you build your dream watch and provides a ton of choices to make the watch best suited for you. Apple has also teamed up with Nike and Hermes to allow you to show off your sporty side or your luxurious side.
Should You Get an Apple Watch Series 5?
Over the years, it has become commonplace for the iPhone creator to make incremental improvements to new generations of products and the latest Apple Watch is no different. While changes like an always-on OLED retina display and International SOS are intriguing, the Series 5 is essentially the same watch as the 4, which is part of the reason the 4 is being discontinued.
However, Apple has decided to keep selling the Apple Watch Series 3 despite its lacking some of the specialized elements of the later generations. At a starting price of $199, the 3 offers a much lower barrier to entry and is perfect for those just focused on fitness.
But if you are want to settle for the Series 4, vendors like Best Buy, Amazon and Walmart still carry stock and have discounted the price given the introduction of the newest iteration.
As it stands, the price of the latest generation Apple Watch doesn't justify upgrading from the Series 4 unless you're a die-hard fan who must have the newest gadget the tech giant has to offer. But if you've never owned a smartwatch and own an iPhone 5S or higher, the Apple Watch Series 3 is a great starter and is now more affordable than ever.
Apple Watch Series 4 Deals
- 40mm GPS + Cellular Gold Aluminum Case Pink Sand Sport Band - Sale Price: $399 | Reg. Price $499 and Free Shipping at Amazon
- 40mm GPS + Cellular Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Loop - Sale Price: $449 | Reg. Price $499 and Free Shipping at Best Buy
Apple Watch Series 3 Deals
- 38mm GPS + Cellular Aluminum Case White Sport Band - Sale Price: $229 | Reg. Price $379 and Free Shipping at Walmart
- 38mm GPS Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band - Sale Price: $199 and Free Shipping at Amazon
With Black Friday just around the corner, Apple products may be in for even more discounts so make sure to set up your notifications on our Deal Alert page.
And if you're looking for more offers, check out this popular deal from our Frontpage:
Search URL: https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?firstonly=1&pp=20&sort=newest&rating=frontpage&forumid%5B%5D=9&hideexpired=1&r=1
Any product or service prices/offers that appear in this article are accurate at time of publish, and are subject to change without notice. Please verify the actual selling price and offer details on the merchant’s site before making a purchase.