- The Days Gone Release Date: April 26th, 2019
- Editions Available: Standard, Digital Deluxe Edition, Collector’s Edition
- Platforms: PS4
- MSRP for Days Gone: Standard – $59.99 | Digital Deluxe Edition – $69.99 | Collector’s Edition – $139.99
Days Gone will be launching at the end of April, and this new survival sandbox game will be available exclusively on PS4. Set in the aftermath of a global pandemic, the player must battle against feral humans, wild animals and menacing militias to survive.
Pre-ordering the game will nab you some unique, in-game bonuses. These include early access to the Drifter Crossbow weapon and several motorcycle upgrades. Pre-ordering directly from the Playstation Store will also get you the Days Gone Sawmill Dynamic Theme.
Here’s a quick breakdown of what’s included in each edition:
- Standard Edition: A copy of the game, Drifter Crossbow, three in-game upgrades and Days Gone Sawmill Dynamic Theme (Playstation Store Exclusive).
- Digital Deluxe Edition: The standard edition games and bonuses plus a Digital Mini-Art Book by Dark Horse Comics, the Days Gone Digital Sound Track, Deacon vs. The Horde Dynamic Theme, Monkey Wrench Skill Early Unlock and 3 Bike Skins.
- Collector’s Edition: Everything from the Deluxe Edition plus a Collector’s Edition Statue, Set-on patch, 6 Pins, 4 Decals, Steel Book and a 48 Page Mini-Art Book by Dark Horse Comics.
Sony seems to be keeping this title pretty close to the chest, so there aren’t a ton of pre-order deals available online. However, we’ve managed to find a few different sites that can help you save on this anticipated title.
If you aren’t sold on Days Gone yet, check out the official trailer here:
Where to Find the Best Pre-Order Deals on Days Gone
Save $10 when you pre-order the standard edition game through Newegg, bringing the price down to $49.99. The game ships on release date, and shipping is free.
Get the standard edition game for $52.99 when shopping with Shop4Megastore. The deal includes free shipping, but the site notes that this is the PAL version of the game.
While the game is compatible with all PS4 systems, this version is designed for use in the UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Future DLC purchases may require a UK account to download.
Shop at Neobits to get Collector’s Edition game for $127.95, which is about 8% cheaper than the normal price. This item is listed as “Call for Stock” on the website, so it may not be available to ship on release day.
More Ways to Save on Days Gone
Take Advantage of Stores with Trade-in Credit
Video games aren’t cheap, but you can save some money if you have some older games that you’re willing to part with.
Retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop all accept used games and will give you trade-in credit for your aging game library. This is a great way to save on new releases, and it can also clear some of the clutter from your home.
Set a Deal Alert
Those pre-order perks can be tempting, but patient gamers know that waiting for the hype to die down is the best way to save. Prices on new games tend to drop after a few months, and you can set a Slickdeals Deal Alert to get instantly notified the moment the price drops.
Just follow the link above and enter “Days Gone” as a custom Deal Alert, and you’ll be first to know when a deal pops up.