A memorial service for the late Kobe Bryant has been scheduled for February 24th at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, as announced by his wife Vanessa Bryant. This ceremony honors the memory and legacy of Bryant, his daughter Gianna and the seven other helicopter passengers who lost their lives in a crash in late January. The service begins at 10AM PT, and is meant to serve as a “Celebration of Life.”
For die-hard Lakers fans spread across the nation, or those just inspired by Bryant’s lifetime of achievements in basketball, attending this ceremony may be non-negotiable. Fortunately, parking and admission to the event are free, which means the only thing to worry about is getting there and finding a place to stay.
As far as inexpensive flights go, we have got you covered with this comprehensive list of the most affordable roundtrip flights to Los Angeles from all over the country. Fares below reflect the cost of a flight departing on February 22nd and returning on February 25th.
Prices may vary somewhat from day to day, so double-check your fares before booking. Don’t forget to check the “Whole Month” search option, as some days might be cheaper to depart or return than the ones we’ve suggested.
Highlighted Roundtrip Flights
These are some of the best deals we’ve seen on roundtrip flights to Los Angeles for the memorial weekend.
- Nonstop from Denver — $97 with Delta
- Nonstop from Dallas — $144 with Spirit
- One stop from Atlanta — $160 with Spirit
- Nonstop from San Francisco — $137 with Alaska
- Nonstop from Philadelphia— $159 with Spirit
- Nonstop from Chicago — $122 with United
Other Roundtrip Flights
If you don’t see your local airport above, here are a few other flight deals that are fairly inexpensive if you book your reservation through Skyscanner on, or around, the highlighted dates, February 22nd through February 25th.
- Nonstop from Austin — $53 with Spirit
- One stop from Baltimore — $131 with Spirit
- Nonstop from Boise — $215 with Delta
- One stop from Charlotte — $271 with Frontier
- Nonstop from Cleveland — $113 with Spirit
One stop from Fort Lauderdale — $193 with Spirit
- Nonstop from Houston — $97 with United
- Nonstop from Kansas City — $166 with Spirit
- One stop from Miami — $254 with Frontier Airlines
- One stop from Minneapolis — $185 with United
- One stop from Nashville — $164 with Frontier
- Nonstop from New Orleans — $302 with American
- Nonstop from New York — $254 with Spirit or Alaska
- Nonstop from Newark — $254 with United or Spirit
- Nonstop from Orlando — $287 with United
- Nonstop from Portland — $253 with Delta
- Nonstop from Salt Lake City — $219 with Delta
- Nonstop from Seattle — $128 with Spirit or Alaska
- One stop from St Louis — $219 with Frontier
Things to Remember
Before you plan your trip, you should keep a few travel tips in mind:
- Add $60+ to your base fare if you’re booking a flight with Spirit or Frontier. Because carry-on bags are not included in the base fare, flights with other carriers might be cheaper if you plan to bring a lot of luggage.
- You might save money if you bundle hotels and rental cars with airfare. You can do this using Skyscanner, Expedia and Kayak.
- Don’t forget to check out this map of Kobe Bryant murals in Southern California. These fares give you a few extra days to check out L.A., you might as well go for a culture tour.
Want to plan another cheap vacation on a tight budget? Set up a Deal Alert and we’ll let you know the next time there is a flight to your dream destination within your preferred price range.
- How to Get the Best Cruise, Hotel and Tour Discounts for Solo Travelers
- If You Don’t Use a VPN While Booking Flights, You’re Wasting Money
- How to Use Google Flights to Save Money