Make all your Great British Bake-Off dreams come true with this KitchenAid stand mixer discount. When you buy online, you can save $140 on the KitchenAid Professional HD Series 5-Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer.
For a limited time, the appliance is marked down to only $199.99 (down from the original $319.99 sticker price), plus you can take an additional 10% off when you sign up for KitchenAid’s email newsletter, which means your cost is only $179. Shipping is free.
Is it Worth It?
KitchenAid stand mixers are a popular — but notoriously pricey — wedding registry item, and this five-quart KitchenAid Bowl-Lift stand mixer — described as “Perfect for heavy, dense mixtures…. thoroughly mix, knead and whip ingredients quickly and easily” — is definitely a good deal. However, reviews for the bowl-lift version of the KitchenAid mixer are mixed, and many Slickdeals users actually prefer KitchenAid’s tilt-lift mixer.
KendalK says “I have a bowl lift and love it,” citing steadier stability, but admits the tilt lift mixer makes changing attachments easier. Boomer’s had both, but says the tilt-lift is easier and faster to use. Susano notes that the gears are all plastic, as opposed to metal on the tilt lift.
Meanwhile, flowingcove just hates it, adding that “It’s so annoying that you have to put your paddle/utensils into your food in the bowl in order to attach or remove them. It’s also harder to add some ingredients to the bowl unless you take the bowl off the machine…which requires you to remove the paddle first before you can get the bowl off. My mother has a tilt head, so much more efficient to use her machine.”
Meanwhile, Walmart is selling the five-quart KitchenAid Tilt-Lift Mixer for $219, marked down from $379.99. While not every color is available, you can get free two-day delivery and a Walmart protection plan on the more popular KitchenAid mixer.
Set up a Deal Alert to get notified when your favorite kitchen appliances are on sale.
Things to Remember:
- To get the additional 10% off, sign up for KitchenAid’s newsletter. You’ll then receive a pop-up notification containing a unique code to apply to your cart at checkout.
- Purchase includes one-year warranty.
- Includes the following attachments: (1) Flat Beater, (1) Dough Hook and (1) Wire Whip.
- The five-quart mixer is the mid-size KitchenAid mixer with a 10-speed capacity for nine dozen cookies.
- A few color options – including matte black – are not available from KitchenAid at this time. A variety of color choices is still available, including aqua sky and crimson red.