- Release Date: February 15th, 2019
- Editions Available: Standard, Gold Edition, Aurora Limited Edition, Spartan Collector’s Edition
- Platforms: Xbox One, PS4, PC
- MSRP for Metro Exodus: Standard – $59.99 | Gold – $84.99 | Aurora Limited Edition – $89.99 | Spartan Collector’s Edition – $149.99 (plus a $44.99 shipping fee)
The sun will finally shine on the survivors of Metro Exodus, a new shooter from 4A Games that puts you smack in the middle of a Russian apocalypse. The third installment of the franchise will be available soon, so we’re compiling all the info you need to know to get the best pre-order deal possible.
There are a whopping four editions of the game available for pre-order:
- Standard Edition: A copy of the game, plus a Metro Exodus poster. Xbox One versions come with a digital code for Metro 2033 Redux, which includes updated versions of the series’ last two installments. PS4 users will get access to a custom dashboard theme, while PC players will receive a digital art book and an original soundtrack for the game.
- Gold Edition: This version includes the standard edition bonuses, plus access to the Metro Exodus Expansion Pass. Additionally, the PS4 version will receive two dashboard themes in total and the original soundtrack.
- Aurora Limited Edition: Get everything from the last two versions plus an exclusive Steelbook, The World of Metro art book, and a metal case inspired by the game.
- Spartan Collector’s Edition: The collector’s edition comes with a copy of the game, an Artyom resin statue, Artyom’s Memories postcards, a Spartan Order dog tag, two Spartan Order patches, and Bespoke Barrel packaging.
And if you want some more info before pulling the trigger, check out this official Metro Exodus gameplay trailer:
How to Get the Best Metro Exodus Deals
Newegg – $10.00 off (Standard, PS4, Xbox One) | $8.50 off (Gold, Xbox One)
Newegg is knocking 16% off the price of the standard edition of the game, as well as 10% off a digital download of the Gold edition for Xbox One.
CDKeys – $8.50 off (Standard, PC) | $3.30 off (Standard, Xbox One)
Shop with CDKeys to get a decent discount on the standard edition of the game for PC. They also have a slight discount on the Xbox One version, but it’s not very substantial.
Green Man Gaming – $4.20 off (Standard, PS4) | $5.95 off (Gold, PS4)
PS4 players looking for a discount on the Gold edition might want to consider shopping with Green Man Gaming. While the discount on the standard game doesn’t stack up against competitors like Newegg, the Gold discount is pretty solid.
G2A – $8.69 off (Standard)
G2A is offering a decent discount for the standard edition game, with only one issue. It’s not clear on their website what platform this one is for, although it seems to be for PC. If you’re interested in purchasing from this retailer, it’s a good idea to verify the platform using the site’s “Ask seller about product” function.
More Ways to Save on Metro Exodus
Take Advantage of Stores with Trade-in Credit
Gaming can be an expensive hobby, and we all know how easy it is to let old titles pile up and collect dust. But there are a few places that give trade-in credit for used games, which can put a serious dent in the price of new games.
Best Buy, Amazon and GameStop are all fine options for trade-ins. Check them out and clear out some video game clutter the next time you need something new.
Set a Deal Alert
Pre-ordering is a solid way to save some money, but if you’re not desperate to play ASAP, it can be smart to wait a few months for the price to go down.
Set a Deal Alert for Metro Exodus and we’ll keep you up to date on all the latest discounts and promotions.