Like Microsoft and Sony, Nintendo had a lot to share for E3, including new characters for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and a number of long-awaited sequels. But, more importantly for us, the Mario manufacturer is offering some nice discounts on some of its most popular games.
While Walmart has slightly lower prices on some of the games, the 5% in Gold Points you receive for buying digital at the Nintendo eShop will save you more in the long run. If you also have a balance of Gold Points from previous purchases, you can apply it to chop down the price even more. That said, Walmart is a particularly good option if you have gift cards you’re looking to use.
To help save you some time, we have assembled a small sampler of the deals you can find on Nintendo’s online store and Walmart. It’s also worth noting that some sales are specific to one site and not the other.
Nintendo E3 Sale – Switch Games
- Super Mario Odyssey – $40.19 (33% Off) at Nintendo | $39.99 at Walmart
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – $40.19 (33% Off) at Nintendo | $39.99 at Walmart
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Gold Edition – $26.40 at Walmart
- Celeste – $13.39 (33% Off) at Walmart
- Crypt of the NecroDancer (Switch Edition) – $3.99 (80% Off) at Nintendo
Nintendo E3 Sale – 3DS Games
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy – $11.99 (60% Off) at Nintendo
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – $14.99 (25% Off) at Nintendo and Walmart
- Monster Hunter Generations – $15.99 (60% Off) at Nintendo
To stay caught up on future video game sales and discounts, remember to set up notifications on our Deal Alert page.
- Deal Value: Up to 80% off select Nintendo Switch and 3DS Digital Downloads
- Timeframe: Now through 11:59 PM PST of June 18th.
- Things to Remember: Some deals are only available at either Walmart.com or Nintendo’s eShop.