Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals lay just on the horizon, and Facebook is already starting to share some of its own. Now through November 12th, you can bring home the first generation Portal from Facebook for $89 with promo code PORTAL110, more than half off the original asking price of $199.
For those unaware, Portal is Facebook’s webcam and calling device, but it can handle way more than just video calls. Portal comes equipped with a smart webcam and microphones that allow you to go about your daily household activities while taking calls without the hassle of carrying the device around with you. Additionally, if multiple people are included in your call, the camera will gravitate towards whoever happens to be speaking.
While this isn’t the all-time lowest price we’ve seen for a Portal, it’s pretty close, and it’s $10 less than a sale run by Amazon earlier this year. However, it’s worth noting HSN is offering the same discount on Gen 1 Portals, and customers can save an additional 15% by signing up for HSN’s mailing list. If you employ this discount, your final price will be about $75, one of the best Portal deals we’ve seen to date. If you aren’t already on HSN’s mailing list, this is probably the best option for you.
Portal’s Noteworthy Features
- Smart camera that follows movements to keep you in perfect view
- Built-in Alexa that lets you ask questions, set timers, create shopping lists and control your smart home
- Full web browser to watch and stream your favorite videos
- Voice-enhancing microphones that minimize unwanted background noises
- Easily disabled camera and microphones for privacy
- Unique experiences like Story Time, which lets you read along to popular stories with fun animation and augmented reality effects
- Music, videos, news, games and more from Spotify, Pandora, iHeart Radio, YouTube, CNN and Food Network
- Deal Value: Save $110 on the first generation Portal from Facebook
- Time Frame: Sale ends 11/12
- Things to Remember: Use promo code PORTAL110 to receive discount
Images Courtesy of Facebook.