Amazon’s partnership with Twitch is a real gift from the surprisingly generous gaming gods. If you have an Amazon Prime or Prime Video membership, you get Twitch Prime for the stunningly good deal of… $0.00. Yep, free.
Twitch Prime is included with Amazon’s Prime memberships, and if you haven’t signed up yet to take advantage of the loot, you’re going to want to. There’s a whole world of gaming goodness that’s just a few clicks away.
Update (November 2019): A major upgrade to the Twitch community has just been released. You can now gift Prime loot to others in the community. Loot gifting is enabled when your favorite streamer on Twitch activates the Community Gift Chest widget in the chat. You will then be able to gift up to three times and all community gifts are disbursed randomly.
November 2019 Free Twitch Prime Games and Loot
November brings us five free games and a lot of in-game loot. Here are the latest offers with many more exciting loot opportunities being released throughout the month.
- Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition (full game)
- Double Cross (full game)
- Planet Alpha (full game)
- Sword Legacy: Omen (full game)
- Turmoil (full game)
Right now, some of the free in-game loot that you can snag includes:
- King of Fighters ALLSTAR 10X Battle Card Tickets ($15 value): This is available now, and five more opportunities for 10X Battle Card Tickets are coming soon.
- Dauntless: Harvest Moon Weapon Skin
- PUBG Mobile Infiltrator Pants: Other PUBG loot being released soon includes Blood Oath – Kar98K, Big Magma Parachute, Infiltrator Mask, Infiltrator Jacket and Infiltrator Shoes
Little Legends Twin Egg containing two random Little Legends and a random League of Legends skin shard
World of Tanks Captured King Tiger Tank and Care Package Juliette: More loot will launch this month and in December
- Rainbow Six Siege: Exclusive Jackal Operator Set
Keep your eye out for even more loot and deals for Twitch Prime members.
What’s Special About Twitch Prime?
Twitch Prime offers a slew of benefits for gaming enthusiasts, and it does offer some incentives over a standard Twitch account. The main advantages of Twitch Prime include:
- Free Twitch Channel Subscription every month
- Member Access to free games, plus free in-game content
- Exclusive emoticons, chat badge and chat color options
- Broadcast storage extended to 60 days from the standard 14
If you have a favorite Twitch Affiliate or Partner in mind, do note your “free Twitch Channel Subscription” is free for you, but the Affiliate or Partner gets paid as though it was a normal subscription. However, the subscription cycles monthly, so you’ll have the chance to swap to someone new with your free subscription or keep supporting your star streamer every time a month rolls over.
For those looking to play — rather than watch — games, Twitch Prime’s available game content is going to be, by far, the most exciting of these benefits. Every month, members receive offers for in-game goods, as well as full games — all for free.
For most offers, you’ll need to download the Twitch App, which is usable on everything from mobile devices to your desktop PC. And, since the games and goods you receive through Twitch Prime offers are linked to your Twitch account, not your Twitch Prime, you can keep them even if you decide you no longer want to subscribe to Twitch Prime.
How to Link Amazon Prime to Twitch
It’s a whole lot easier than it sounds. Here’s a play-by-play of what most people will experience when linking their Amazon Prime and Twitch accounts.
- Log in to your Amazon Prime account.
- Visit Twitch Prime. Access it either from the Customer Service page on Amazon or a separate Twitch Prime link.
- Sign in to your Twitch account or make a new one.
- Activate your free Twitch Prime. Select “Try Twitch Prime,” then confirm the link between the accounts.
- Revel in your newfound perks. Claim your new Twitch Prime loot, show off that Twitch Prime badge, and get going on that free channel subscription to your streamer of choice.
If you want to unlink your accounts, hurry back to your Amazon homepage and take a look at your account’s settings. You’ll be able to sever the cord in the “Manage Twitch Account Settings” option. Your route to free Twitch Prime might be different depending on what country you live in, among various other factors.
Twitch Prime Is Free, So…
It’s hard to argue with free. If you enjoy watching or playing video games, and you already have an Amazon Prime account, it’s worth spending the few moments that linking the accounts requires. Keep a low profile on Twitch and quietly play your favorite free games, make a splash in comment sections or support your favorite streamers with a free subscription.
It’s up to you what you do with it, but the simple fact remains: Twitch Prime is there, waiting for you, and it doesn’t cost you a penny to get started.
Need some games to stream on your own Twitch channel? Visit Slickdeals’ Video Games category page for today’s best discounts on titles, accessories and consoles.