From June 19th until July 14th, Sam’s Club has the Instant Pot 8 QT Viva 9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker for $79.95 — a $50 discount off the regular $129.98 price. This offer is available in-store or online.
While this isn’t the best Instant Pot sale we’ve ever seen, it’s still well below the retail price. Right now Amazon has the 8 QT Duo80 7-in-1 Instant Pot on sale for $99.99 so you’re getting two extra functions for less money with the Sam’s Club deal.
On Sam’s Club’s website, the Viva 9-in-1 model has over 400 reviews averaging 4.8 out of 5 stars.
“This is a wonderful addition to my kitchen allowing me to accomplish dishes in minutes instead of hours,” one reviewer claims. “I have stored my stove top pressure cooker, my crockpot and my rice cooker because this does it all.” Another reviewer says, “This is our third model in five years as they continue to evolve. The digital controls [make it] easier to do a variety of cooking styles.”
Is an Instant Pot Worth the Price?
With so many different sizes and models of Instant Pot available, it can be daunting to choose the right one for your cooking needs. To help you make the smartest choice, we’ve answered some of the most common Instant Pot-related questions:
Do you Really Need Nine Functions?
Realistically, there is a good chance you will use the general buttons — “Manual” and “Pressure” — more than any others. Still, the 9-in-1’s Yogurt function is a huge benefit over the lower-end 6-in-1 model. Making Instant Pot yogurt is simple and for the cost of a gallon of milk, you can have a large batch of homemade yogurt.
If you can find a discounted 9-in-1 Instant Pot like this Sam’s Club deal it may be cheaper than other less powerful, retail-priced models. If this is the case, the extra features are a nice bonus even if you don’t use them too often.
However, if the 9-in-1 isn’t on sale we recommend you consider which functions you actually need. Normally, the Duo80 8 QT 7-in-1 Instant Pot is $30 cheaper, so if you can live without the cake maker and sterilizer functions you’ll save a little money.
What’s the Difference Between the Lux, Duo, Viva, Ultra and Max Instant Pots?
You can compare a complete list of each Instant Pot model’s features on the company’s website. Here’s our quick breakdown:
- Lux: The economic version of the Instant Pot comes with the fewest cooking options (it has six different functions), but it is a good choice for individuals who plan to primarily use the device as a slow cooker.
- Duo: This is the most popular model of Instant Pot as its seven functions can cover almost everything new users want. This model is easy to find on sale. While it can’t cook eggs (unlike every other model), it is one of the only Instant Pots that can cook poultry.
- Viva: The Viva is like the Duo but with some added features. Its nine different settings can perform most of the Duo’s major functions, but the Viva can also bake cakes and sterilize. The sterilize option allows you to pasteurize milk or disinfect things like baby bottles, jars and utensils.
- Ultra: The Ultra model comes with a self-closing valve and allows users to set an exact temperature (rather than just high or low). It can handle every function the lower models can, minus cooking poultry.
- Max: In terms of functions, the Max model includes everything the Ultra does. However, it also comes with a bonus canning function.
What Size Instant Pot Should I get?
Instant Pots come in four sizes: 3, 5, 6 and 8 QT. However, not all models offer every size option. The 6 QT pot is the most popular size and works for most cooks. The 8 QT Instant Pot takes up a little more counter space but it’s a good choice for larger families or anyone who cooks bigger pieces of meat.
To make sure you get the best prices on Instant Pots and other handy kitchen appliances, set Deal Alerts for all the products you’re interested in. We usually see between five and 10 Instant Pot sales per month, so you’re almost guaranteed to see a discount on the model you want eventually.
Thanks to atmakur for posting the original deal thread.
- Deal Value: $50 off the 8 QT 9-in-1 Instant Pot at Sam’s Club
- Timeframe: June 19th through July 14th
- Things to Remember: The Viva model is the Duo with two extra functions: cake and sterilize
Not a Sam’s Club member? Check out the top deal from our website’s front page so you can still enjoy nice bargain:
Search URL: https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?firstonly=1&pp=20&sort=newest&rating=frontpage&forumid%5B%5D=9&hideexpired=1&r=1