Recycling isn’t just good for the planet — it benefits your wallet, too. Now through February 29th, 2020, audiophiles can trade in eligible Sonos devices to get 30% off any of the company’s latest products. This discount cannot be combined with other promotions on the website, but the coupon does not expire. So if you want to hold out for someone’s birthday next year, the trade-in program gives you the power to do so.
How to Take Advantage of the Sonos Trade-Up Program
Assuming one of your Sonos devices qualifies for the trade-up program, the process for sending it away is actually quite simple. To start, head to Sonos’ website, then:
- Login to Your Sonos Account
- Click on the Trade Up Link
- Choose Your Eligible Device to Recycle
- Get Your Discount
After you’ve followed these steps, your device will enter Recycle Mode after three weeks, clearing its data and deactivating its service. Once it’s out of commission, you have three options to dispose of it responsibly:
- Drop off your device at a local certified e-recycling center.
- Take it to a local participating retailer to recycle and shop for your new device.
- Opt for a prepaid shipping label to send your old device back to Sonos.
Eligible Sonos Products for Trade-Up
- ZP100 ZonePlayer
- ZP80 ZonePlayer
- Connect: Amp – CTAZPUS1 (previously ZP120 ZonePlayer ZP120US1)
- Connect – CONNECTUS1 (previously ZP90 ZonePlayer ZP90US1)
- Play:5 White 1st gen. – PLAY5US1 (current Play:5 PL5G2US1 not eligible)
- Play:5 Black 1st gen. – PLAY5US1BLK (current Play:5 PL5G2US1BLK not eligible)
All the eligible devices are a bit on the archaic side, with the oldest being the ZP100 which released all the way back in 2005. Despite its age, the speaker has really stood the test of time and can still be found today for a couple hundred dollars. While it wouldn’t be wise to pick up a used one to take part in the Trade Up program, if you’ve owned one since its release, then you have already gotten your money’s worth and will likely benefit from trading it in.
Other Notable Discounts on Sonos Products
If a TV is on your list of Black Friday must-gets, then you may be looking for a soundbar to pair it with. From November 29th to December 2nd, Costco is offering the Sonos Beam Soundbar Shadow Black Edition for $299.99 as part of its Black Friday sale. This is $70 off its regular list price and actually $100 off if you were to buy it directly from the Sonos website.
Sonos Beam Soundbar Shadow Black Edition Features:
- Exceptional Dialogue Clarity with Speech Enhancement
- Automatically Pairs with your TV Remote when connected via HDMI-ARC
- Google Assistant, Alexa and Apple AirPlay 2 Built-In
- Includes: HDMI Cable, Optical Adapter, longer power cord, and wire ties
For more offers and promotions on the latest Sonos products, you can always check out their Slickdeals store page. If you are after a specific device, set up a Deal Alert and get notified instantly when it goes on sale.
- Deal Value: 30% off a new Sonos product with eligible recycled device
- Timeframe: Now through February 29th, 2020
- Things to Remember: Once you recycle your device, the 30% discount does not expire
Have you considered this hot audio/video deal from our Frontpage:
Search URL: https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?firstonly=1&pp=20&sort=newest&rating=frontpage&filter%5B%5D=289&forumid%5B%5D=9&hideexpired=1&r=1