Recently, Credit One Bank partnered with American Express to launch a better cash back card for its card members.
Cardholders receive unlimited 1% cash back on all purchases, even on your internet and mobile phone bill. Since the card is backed by American Express Network, it comes with other perks like special offers and discounts from leading brands through Amex Offers, as well as early access to concert and event tickets from American Express Experiences.
Credit One Bank American Express Card Perks
The card’s current APR is 19.99% to 25.99% variable-rate dependent on the applicant’s creditworthiness.
Other perks include the following:
- Purchase Protection up to 90 days after purchase
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance up to $150,000
- Extended Warranty coverage up to one year on products with original warranties 12 months or less
While most of the perks on the Credit One Bank American Express Card are standard, the advertised annual fee is a head scratcher. The annual fee is $0 to $95 for your first year and $0 to $99 in the following years.
What determines your annual fee? The fine print isn’t clear, but we do wish Credit One was more forthcoming about it. Either stick to an annual fee or don’t. But please, none of this limbo stuff.
Are There Better Cash Back Cards Out There?
The new Credit One Bank American Express Card is worth looking into, but there are other cards that can offer better perks. We recommend researching these three cash back cards before making your decision:
- Bank of America Rewards Card: Not only does this card have $0 annual fee, but cardholders can earn a bonus $200 after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days. This card also offers 3% cashback in the category of your choice, 2% cashback for groceries and 1% back for everything else.
- Bank of America Premium Rewards Card: Yes, the Premium Rewards card comes with a $95 annual fee, but cardholders can also earn 50,000 points (worth $500) after making $3,000 worth of purchases in the first 90 days. Earn 2X points for every dollar spent on dining and travel and 1.5X points for all other purchases.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited: Earn unlimited 1.5% cashback on every purchase without the hassle of an annual fee.
Still haven’t found the card of your dreams? Check out our Credit Card Hub to compare all cash back cards and sign-on bonuses.
We want to make sure you get the best deal! Our editors strive to ensure that the information in this article is accurate as of the date published, but please keep in mind that offers can change. We encourage you to verify all terms and conditions of any financial product before you apply. Also, please remember this content wasn’t provided, reviewed or endorsed by any company mentioned in this article.
Image credit: iStock.com/Hispanolistic