This is the year to get your finances right once and for all. To help you do that, refinance your home through a lender that doesn’t charge you fees galore.
Right now, select American Express cardholders can earn back $2,500 as a statement credit when they refinance their home through Better.com. Better.com does not charge lender fees or commission fees and waives the $550 appraisal fee. They will even rush the appraisal at no extra cost.
Who Is Eligible for This Better.com Deal?
To be eligible for the $2,500 statement credit, you must click-through the dedicated offer link, and submit a completed application on Better’s webpage dedicated to the offer no later than 7/25/2020, and close on your mortgage no later than 10/28/2020. You will not be eligible for the statement credit if your mortgage closes after 10/28/2020 for any reason.
The statement credit will be applied 8-12 weeks after your mortgage closes. Since the $2,500 comes back as a statement credit, you do not have to worry about getting taxed on the money. Greenworld123 says that you “would not receive a 1099. I will ask for a refund check once it hits from Amex since I keep a zero balance.”
Exclusions to the AMEX Offer
This deal is targeted to certain cardholders. Personal cards have the best chance with this offer, and American Express Corporate Cards, American Express Small Business Cards and American Express-branded Cards are not eligible. Additional Card Members on your Account are not eligible for this offer.
Before you jump on board with Better.com, there are two important things to note from a Better employee. They say,
- Mortgage rates of any specific customer, stated or otherwise, should not be taken as indicative of a mortgage rate available to all customers. Pricing is based on a number of factors, including the individual credit profile of a potential borrower.
- The offer is only available to those borrowers who have been marketed to directly by American Express, and those who have not received the offer on their Amex portal or via email are not eligible.
If you didn’t see this AMEX deal in your card’s benefits, don’t fret. We have many more deals that you might be eligible for. Search the forum or set a Deal Alert for your card.
Upgrade Your American Express Card
American Express cards are well known for their premium rewards and benefits. Slickdeals regularly ranks Amex cards in our lists of best rewards credit cards, top-rated travel cards and popular cash-back cards. If you’re looking to upgrade your current American Express card to take your rewards earnings to the next level, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite Amex card to review.
Blue Cash Preferred® Card
If you’re looking for a cash-back credit card that leaves many of its competitors in the dust, consider American Express’ Blue Cash Preferred Card. It offers deep cash-back rewards at grocery stores, gas stations, online streaming subscriptions and transit services, like tolls, taxis and rideshares.
- Annual Fee: $95
- Value: 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 annually
- Sign-Up Bonus: $250 bonus after spending $1,000 during the first three billing cycles
- Pro: 6% cash back on select online streaming subscriptions.
- Con: Only 1% cash back per eligible dollar spent on other purchases
American Express® Gold Card
Most people tend to use the same credit card all of the time, but that strategy won’t earn you the most points. Instead, use cards that offer you the most point within a specific category. The American Express Gold Card provides maximum value for families and consumers who spend a lot at both grocery stores and on dining.
- Annual Fee: $250
- Value: 4X (Membership Rewards) points for dining and groceries
- Sign-Up Bonus: 35,000 points after spending $4,000 during the first three billing cycles
- Pro: $100 Airline Fee Credit per calendar year to cover airfare incidentals, like baggage fees and Wi-Fi
- Con: Expensive annual fee
American Express Platinum Card®
The American Express Platinum Card makes traveling with the family a little less frazzled with annual Uber, airline and hotel credits, and access to over 1,200 airport lounges. New cardmembers will earn 60,000 points when they spend $5,000 in their first three months. The Platinum Card comes with a hefty $550 annual fee, but it’s a favorite among many cardholders because of its generous 5x points for flights and hotels booked through American Express Travel, as well as an annual $200 airline credit to cover baggage fees and other qualified reimbursements.
- Annual Fee: $550
- Value: 5x points for flights and hotels booked through American Express Travel
- Sign-Up Bonus: 60,000 points after spending $5,000 in the first three billing cycles
- Pro: $200 annual airline credit
- Con: Only 1 point per eligible dollar spent on other purchases
Thank you Greenworld123 for posting this deal.