Google has yet to announce official specs for the upcoming Pixel 6 Pro, but if a fresh batch of leaks is to be believed, we could be looking at one of the hottest phones of 2021. According to the latest reports from XDA Developers – which received its info from a reliable, anonymous source – the Google Pixel 6 Pro will feature an ultra-premium display, high-end cameras and a powerful Tensor chipset that’ll give it lightning-fast performance.
There’s a lot of exciting info in the reports, but it’s best not to get your hopes up – Google has yet to step forward and corroborate any of the details, and it’s unclear when the company plans to hold an official Pixel 6 reveal. However, we do know Google intends to launch the highly-anticipated smartphone sometime this Fall. With that release date quickly approaching, expect to get an official spec announcement in the coming weeks.
For now, here’s what the XDA leaks claim we can look forward to:
- Pixel 6 Pro will support a dynamic refresh rate that maxes out at 120Hz and changes based on your activity. Specifics on how it works, however, are still unknown.
- Ultra wideband functionality, which is used in products such as AirTags and SmartTags.
- Incorporates a 5G modem from Samsung in both the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro and will likely support mmWave 5G.
- Google Tensor chip might feature a tri-cluster core including two Cortex-X1 (2.8Ghz), two Cortex-A76 (2.25Ghz) and four Cortex-A55 (1.8Ghz). In other words, this smartphone could be the fastest on the market.
- Includes 12GB of RAM and a Mali-G78 GPU.
- Pixel 6 Pro boasts a rear triple camera setup and a single front-facing camera.
- The primary rear camera uses a Samsung 50MP GN1 image sensor.
- The secondary wide-angle camera uses Sony’s 12MP IMX386 image sensor.
- The third camera supports 4X optical zoom and Sony’s 48MP IMX586 image sensor.
- Built with a 5000mAh battery.
- One model will include 128GB of storage.
- Features an under-display fingerprint scanner.
Considering this will be Google’s first ultra-premium smartphone, the alleged specs are more than a little exciting – if all these predictions hold true, flagship products from both Samsung and Apple will have serious competition later this fall.
What Has Been Confirmed About the Pixel 6 Pro?
While the leaks and rumors are no doubt exciting, Google has already confirmed a few interesting tidbits about the upcoming Pixel 6 Pro. For example, both the Pixel 6 Pro and Pixel 6 feature a new “camera bar” design that houses its entire rear camera setup – and the Pro is confirmed to include a telephoto lens, although its exact specs are still up in the air.
We also know the Google Tensor chip is said to be one of the most powerful on the market and brings Google’s “most powerful AI and ML models” to the Pixel lineup. According to Google, the chip will make it easier than ever to take incredible pictures, as it’ll leverage its AI prowess to unblur images and capture vivid images in low-light settings.
Beyond those internal specs, Google has also revealed the color lineup for both the Pixel 6 Pro and Pixel 6. Opt for the expensive Pro version of the 6, and you’ll find gold, black and white palettes available, while the Pixel 6 features orange, green and black. From early press reveals, we know the Pixel 6 Pro is constructed with premium materials – think metal, glass and high-end plastics – although Google hasn’t confirmed specifics.
Thankfully, all these leaks and rumors should be put to bed in the coming weeks. With the Pixel 6 Pro quickly approaching its fall release date, expect to see an official Google press conference very soon.
More to consider:
- 12 Cheaper YETI Cooler Alternatives You May Not Know About
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: $1,250 Sign-Up Bonus, $50 Hotel Credit and New Bonus Categories
- ‘Free’ Sam’s Club Annual Membership Deal Is Back and Even Better