work for you?
Target's price matching policy covers more than 35,000 items and 24 online competitors, such as Amazon, Walmart, Kohl's and Macy's. If you find a better price than what you paid at Target, you have 14 days to request a price match.
Price matching is a great resource for shoppers when you deal hunt. For example, store A might be much closer to you than store B, so it saves you a longer trip. You could potentially also reap more benefits at the other retailer by taking advantage of rewards programs or additional coupons that are stackable with a particular store and not available at the other.
The Target price match policy allows for a price match on a qualifying item found at a competitor or at Target.com at the time of purchase, or you can request a price adjustment within 14 days of the purchase date. The item must be identical in order for Target to price match it.
Target's price match is available both in-store and online, but if you do it online you have to call Target.com Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869. If you ordered something for in-store pickup, you can price match when you pick up your order.
You can use coupons when price matching, but only manufacturer coupons. The coupon will be applied after the price match has been made, and you can only do this in-store.
But if you're looking for a more immediate discount, you can check out one of our most popular Frontpage deals here:
Search URL: https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?firstonly=1&pp=20&sort=newest&rating=frontpage&forumid%5B%5D=9&hideexpired=1&r=1
Guidelines and Limitations
The rules around Target's price match policy includes:
- The lower price you want to match must be available at the time you request your price match from target. They also have to be able to verify the lower price at the other retailer, but they might not always bother doing so.
- You can only request a match against an identical item. Model number, color, size, quantity etc. all has to be the same. You can't price match a silver iPad with a rose gold one, for example. Even if everything else is the same.
- Offers found on deal websites (like Slickdeals), will be verified on the retailers website.
- If you're price matching against a print ad, bring it with you or make sure you can pull it up on your phone when you get to the store. If you already purchased the item, bring the receipt with you for proof of purchase.
- In-store price matches from other Target stores are excluded. For example, Target Express stores.
- Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from price matching online competitors.
- Target reserves the right to limit price quantities of price matches per identical item per guest for local and/or online competitor matches.
Target Price Match Exclusions
There are scenarios where Target won't price match items from a competitor. They include more obvious ones like closeout sales, clearance items and liquidation sales, but also:
- Damaged or used items, open package, refurbished, pre-owned, or rent/lease to own items, storewide or category promotions, offers advertised as % or $ off, non-branded items, or prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
- Price mistakes, doorbuster deals, Prime exclusive deals, deals using coupon codes, rebates, credit card offers, gift card deals, financing and service offers,.
- Contract mobile phone devices and the associated plans, optical, product services (warranties, assembly, etc.), clinic and pharmacy purchases and offers, or game reservations.
- Third party sellers on marketplaces like Amazon and Walmart.
- Black Friday and Cyber Week deals.
- Cartwheel offers, registry coupons and Target gift card offers.
Stores Target Will Price Match Online
Something to keep in mind with price matching is that the size and quantity of what you're buying have to be exactly the same. This makes warehouse stores such as Costco and Sam's Club less likely to have products you could price match at Target since they mainly sell big quantities of everything.
Any product or service prices/offers that appear in this article are accurate at time of publish, and are subject to change without notice. Please verify the actual selling price and offer details on the merchant’s site before making a purchase.