Marriott and Chase have rebranded the former Marriott Rewards Premier Plus as the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa Card, and they’re offering a substantial sign-up bonus for new card members. Holders will get 100,000 Marriott points after spending $5,000 in their first three months, which is a significant upgrade compared to the previous card. It’s fairly rare for any card to offer a 100,000 point sign-up bonus, and Marriott cards usually don’t offer more than 50,000.
For the uninitiated, Marriott’s Bonvoy program was announced earlier this year. This awards program rolls up all of the various Marriott properties, including brands like Ritz-Carlton and St. Regis, into one, allowing you to spend your points more conveniently.
Marriott points can be redeemed for all sorts of things including rooms at participating properties, flights, Marriott Moments experiences, and gift cards. This is a great offer for anyone who travels a lot, especially if they regularly stay at Marriott-owned properties.
Using the Bonvoy Boundless card at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels will earn you 6x points for every dollar spent, while all other purchases will nab you 2x points. Other perks include an annual, free night’s stay at participating properties, no foreign transaction fees, and automatic Silver Elite benefits. You can learn more about what this card has to offer here.
There is a $95 annual fee for this card, but the annual one-night free stay pretty much negates that cost. This offer is only available to new card members as well and cannot be redeemed by current or past Bonvoy cardholders. Remember, you must spend $5,000 within the first 3 months of card activation to redeem your 100,000 points.
Special thanks to Slickdealer TheAOE for bringing this deal to our attention.
If you’re not sure the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card is right for you, here are several rewards travel cards popular with the Slickdeals community.
Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa Card
- $0 annual fee
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don’t expire
- 25,000 online bonus points (worth $250 towards travel) after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first three months.
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases. After the intro APR ends, 16.74% – 24.74% Variable APR will apply
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- $95 annual fee; fee is waived for the first year
- New signups for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card can earn 60,000 bonus points (worth $750 towards travel) after spending $4,000 in the first three months.
- Points are worth 25% more when redeemed towards travel through Chase
- 2X back on travel and restaurant spending worldwide
- $0 foreign transaction fees
- Trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance
IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
- $89 annual fee
- New signups of the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card earn 125,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months
- Earn 40 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel for the first 12 months; earn 25 points per $1 spent after that
- Earn 4X points on all other purchases for the first 12 months; earn 2X points after that
- One free night stay at eligible IHG hotels worldwide after each account anniversary year
- Earn a free reward night when you redeem points for any stay of four or more nights
- Free Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® credit once every four years (worth $100)
- $0 foreign transaction fees
Compare features, terms, and bonus offers from various card issuers in our credit card hub.
Image credit: Marriott Bonvoy