With Memorial Day sales in full effect, the laptop deals just keep rolling in. For a limited time, starting May 24th, Best Buy is offering a $500 discount on the 15.6" MSI GS65 Stealth Thin Gaming Laptop, bringing it to a penny shy of $1,500. As an added bonus, purchasing this mobile gaming rig gets you two free items valued at $30: a 6-month subscription of Trend Micro Internet Security and a Fortnite Frenzy Game GeForce GTX Bundle.
Today's Best Best Buy Deals
Voted by the Slickdeals Community
- Video Games: NieR Automata GotY (PS4) $30, Kingdom Hearts III (PS4/XB1) $30 & More + Free Store Pickup $30 54
- Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Cherry MX Speed Mechanical Gaming Keyboard $109.99 + Free Shipping $110 56
- Amazon Blink XT2 Indoor/Outdoor Camera w/ 2-way audio, unlimited cloud storage, 2 year battery life $99 $99.99 63
- Hatchimals CollEGGtible Blind Box (Styles May Vary) $1 + Free Store Pickup $1 27
- Blu-Ray Movies w/ DVD + Digital HD: Hell or High Water, Patriots Day $5 & More + Free S/H w/ My Best Buy Members $5 40
- 27" Dell SE2717HR 1920x1080 75Hz FreeSync IPS LED Monitor $120 + Free Shipping $120 42
- LG UBK90 4K Blu-ray Player + Logitech Harmony 665 Remote + 3 4K Blu-ray for $199.99 FS at bestbuy $200 55
- 27" LG 27UK600-W 4K HDR IPS FreeSync Monitor $309.99 + Free Shipping @Best Buy $310 53
- Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu or Evee! + Bonus Steelbook (Nintendo Switch) $45 + Free Shipping $45 56
- 8TB WD Easystore External USB 3.0 Hard Drive $130 + Free Shipping $130 59
- Apple - iPad (Latest Model) with Wi-Fi - 32GB - Space Gray $249.99 $249.99 21
- ASUS ROG G531GT 15.6" Gaming Laptop: FHD, i7-9750H, GTX 1650 4GB, 512GB SSD $850 + Free Shipping $850 39
Ahh, modern technology. It's innovative, ubiquitous and typically costs a pretty penny. We all want the latest and greatest gadgets, but keeping up with these ever-evolving devices can get expensive — fast. Fortunately, Best Buy offers shoppers a variety of ways to save big on today's electronics, from rewards programs and price matching to the occasional promo code or coupon.
1. Utilize the Best Buy price match policy.
It's fairly well known that Best Buy will match the prices of several of its leading competitors, including Amazon and other popular tech retailers like B&H Photo Video, Crutchfield, Dell, HP, and Newegg. This policy applies to both in-store and online pricing, so it definitely pays to shop around.
Best Buy will also match the prices offered at warehouse clubs, as long as the store is located within a 25-mile radius of your local Best Buy and the identical item is immediately available.
2. Keep your receipts.
Don't you just hate it when you buy something only to find out that the price dropped after you made your purchase? We've all been there, but as long as you have your original receipt, Best Buy will honor the new low price with a price adjustment within 15 days of purchase.
If you purchased the item online, you can contact customer service at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and request the price adjustment from the comfort of your home.
3. Score big savings on open-box deals.
One of the easiest ways to save money on big-ticket items or the latest must-have gadgets is through Best Buy's open-box deals. Essentially, you're getting a discount on these products because you're buying them secondhand. (They may have been returned by other customers or simply used as display models.)
Open-box items undergo extensive testing and inspection, and most include all of their original parts and accessories (any exceptions are noted along with the condition of the product.) Plus, they're covered by any available manufacturer's warranties.
4. Sign up for rewards.
Like most other retailers, Best Buy has its own loyalty program — My Best Buy — that rewards customers for their purchases. It's free to join, and members earn a $5 reward for every 250 points earned, as well as exclusive offers, early access to sales and free two-day shipping on orders of $35 or more.
Big spenders can qualify for the store's "Elite" or "Elite Plus" membership tiers, which require $1500 and $3500 in annual purchases, respectively, and give members extra perks like free expedited shipping, increased rewards points and more generous return policies.
If Best Buy is your store of choice, you may want to consider its credit card incentives, as well. You'll earn 5% back in rewards when you use your card on Best Buy purchases, and the store regularly offers new cardholders double the rewards on their first purchases. That being said, beware the horrendous APR (it's currently 25.74%.)
5. Avoid shipping fees.
As mentioned above, My Best Buy members enjoy free shipping every day on orders of $35 or more, while Elite and Elite Plus members receive free shipping on all orders regardless of the purchase amount.
But if you're buying a low-ticket item that falls below the $35 minimum, just ship it to the store instead for free in-store pickup. (This is a great way to reserve a particular deal that's likely to fly off the shelves, as well.)
6. Consider Geek Squad services.
Best Buy's Geek Squad has gotten some mixed reviews, but I suggest keeping an open mind about the store's optional tech support.
Geek Squad will deliver, install and show you how to use your products. But, if you're accident prone with your electronics, the Geek Squad extended warranties and protection plans could save you tons. Over the holidays, I purchased my guy a GoPro HERO5 Session 4K Action Camera and added the 1-year accidental protection plan, which covers drops and spills. He's using it for drone racing, so it's more than likely to suffer some damage — and the $39.99 extended protection plan allows him to get a replacement when he needs it without spending nearly $300 on a new camera.
7. Shop the store's online outlet.
For the most part, you won't find big discounts on the latest tech products anywhere, and any savings opportunities are typically reserved for last year's models. The Best Buy Outlet, however, may give you a price break. Filled with a variety of open-box and refurbished items, as well as pre-owned products and clearance buys, it's a dream site for deep discounts. You can expect to save up to 60% off regular prices — and your purchase is backed by the store's Return & Exchange Promise for peace of mind. Plus, these items are covered under warranty and verified to work properly.
8. Access exclusive discounts.
College students, take note: You may have to deal with student loans, but you also have access to special savings opportunities. As long as you're actively enrolled in at least one course at a post-secondary educational institution, you can sign up to shop the store's College Student Deals.
Gamers will also want to sign up for the free My Best Buy Gamers Club. Members receive double rewards points on new video games, accessories and digital content. You can also upgrade to the store's Gamers Club Unlocked, which currently costs $30 for a two-year membership. Slickdealer monsterlag247 says the program is "totally worth it if you buy any games," and it gives members exclusive access to a range of perks, from 20% off new video games and 10% off pre-owned games to 10% bonus trade-in credits.
9. Know your price codes.
Just like many other retailers, Best Buy codes their prices — and these codes can help you score bigger and better savings. Here's the general rundown:
- Prices ending in .99 indicate that the item is either full price or only slightly reduced.
- Prices ending in .96 suggest that the item's price has been adjusted to beat a competitor's price, so it's likely a decent deal.
- Prices ending in .92 mean that the item is at or below Best Buy’s cost. In other words, it's probably an incredibly good deal. (Lucky you!)
- A small letter “C” on the lower right-hand corner of an item's price tag suggests that the product is on clearance and is no longer stocked. Managers can oftentimes give further discounts on these items if you ask.
10. Negotiate your purchase price.
A lot of people are uncomfortable negotiating prices. Believe me, I get it. But it doesn't hurt to ask a manager if you can have a price break on an item or if a small item can be thrown in for free (think a free mouse if you buy a desktop or a free bag for a laptop.)
Some people have reported receiving up to 10% off just by bundling certain products together. Additionally, shopping at the very end of the month may be the best time to negotiate, as stores are willing to slash prices in order to meet their sales goals.
Keep in mind that clearance items and open-box or floor models are some of the best contenders for price negotiations.
11. Watch for coupons.
Best Buy coupons are a rare occurrence, but they do appear from time to time. Keep an eye on our Best Buy coupon page, and set a Deal Alert to stay notified of any store deals that pop up on our forums.
Shop all our Best Buy deals here!
Images courtesy of Best Buy.