Recent Google Fi News
What is Google Fi?
Initially invite-only in 2015, Google's then-named "Project Fi" offered cellular users a new service option outside the major networks like AT&T and Verizon. While unlimited plans are all the rage, the main prowess of Google Fi is its data-efficiency.
To better manage your data consumption, the service intelligently switches between Wi-Fi and different cellular networks. Google does not have cell towers of its own but shares the networks of T-Mobile, Sprint and US Cellular.
The basic Flexible Plan offers unlimited talk and text, unlimited international texting, Wi-Fi hotspot and 24/7 support. This package costs $20 a month and $10 for each GB of data used. If your daily routine involves traveling back and forth from your home Wi-Fi to the one at work, then this option could help you save quite a bit of money versus an unlimited plan.
For more data-heavy consumers, Google Fi does offer an Unlimited package as well, but at $70 per month, the pricing isn't as competitive compared to the Flexible Plan, unless you have multiple lines.
Assuming you're using Google Fi for four lines or more, the unlimited plan becomes more enticing. The price drops to $45 per line and each also receives 100GB of Google One Storage ($20/year value).
These are just some of the basics of Google Fi. If you are interested in a more in-depth review and what phones work with the service, check out the link below.
Slickdeals is the leading crowdsourced shopping platform:
- Slickdeals strives to offer a comprehensive coverage of the best coupons, promo codes and promotions for thousands of different stores like Google Fi. We have a dedicated team that works around the clock to find, post and verify the offers we present to consumers.
- In the last 20 years, Slickdeals has saved online shoppers over $6.8 billion.
- We have 11 million active savvy shoppers, you can join our community by signing up.
- Slickdeals is the eighth largest online shopping destination in the U.S
- Download our Slickdeals chrome extension, get the best prices and auto apply coupons.
- Get great savings and deals at your fingertips by downloading our Slickdeals Mobile App on iOS or Android.
|1||Google Fi $20 Credit After 30 Days of Service||Ongoing|
|2||$150 Off Phones with Activation||Ongoing|
|3||25% Off Pixel 3a or Pixel 3a XL with Google Fi||Ongoing|
|4||$100 Off New Moto G Phone||Ongoing|
|5||Flexible Plans Starting at $45ea||Ongoing|